Humidor

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I do not usually use a humidor. I buy a bunch a cigars, then I smoke them. Then, I buy some more.

I have been away from home base for eleven days. I am home now. I keep my cigars loose on a shelf in my shed with all the windows open. It has been raining buckets every day, with probably 95% humidity in between. I am smoking my cigars and they are moist and burn slowly and wonky.

I humidor is not only too keep cigars humid. In New Orleans, I should have put my cigars in a cedar-lined humidor to keep them dry, the perfect moisture content.

No worries. I am making do. The cigars last longer this way, even if I do have to pay attention and relight them more often than usual.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
kschatey

I am not a cigar person because I am a nicotine wimp, but keep a Boveda pack in a mason jar to serve as a humidor for when somebody gives me oddball cigar. I have one right now that I know nothing about sitting in the humidijar waiting for when I get some time to smoke it.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I changed from the experiment with the spare toolbox (it was leaky) to an Iris airtight tote. There's a cedar tray inside and some boveda type things
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

I’m a mason jar Humidorer as well with a moisture pack that the guys at the Briary gave me. It works.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I have traditional humidors but also have a couple of Boveda bags. Hold 50+ sticks easily. Like 5-6 bucks on cbid and worth every bit.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Integra Boost are the humidity packs that I'm using now. Took me a while to remember the brand name. They seem to be working quite well with the Iris, humidity is spot on every time I check and I switched to them a couple of months ago
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
sisyphus
Person of Interest

you can use a rubbermaid container large enough and a boveda pack or two

I use the station wagon sized coleman cooler tilted on it's side with shelves and a pound of RH beads. Been keeping 66% since 2012 or so and I've had over 700 cigars in it at one time, which is about its limit. Actually it keeps humidity better when you have at least 200 or more in there, since the cigar boxes and cigars help maintain the stability of the RH.
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Buys some humidors . Theyre pretty reasonable . Like pipes , you dont have to spend a lot to get a proper functioning one
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I use Rubbermaid Brilliance with a Boveda. 9.6 cups. Holds about 25 sticks. The most i’d ever want on hand. Those’ll last me a year. Im a pipe guy, through and through.

I have more Cheroots. All Toscano. And luckily, those do not require hunidification.
Jlando19

I want to get a fancy humidor just so I can fill it up and look at it. I’m slightly materialistic in that sense. Lol.

Right now I have one of those pelican box style humidors and it holds about 50 cigars depending on size. It serves me well.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.