rekamepip
Codger in Training

My first zip incorporated pipe I dedicate to @Tsal
a poor man’s version of his Jacopo insanus

Air tight seal and good draw
Still working on the aesthetics but almost there 😁
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

The only thing better than a Bond-o pipe is a zip tie pipe. Zip ties can cure a myriad of ills. I love my zip tie pipe. I love it like my lucky rabbit's foot.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:58 pm The only thing better than a Bond-o pipe is a zip tie pipe. Zip ties can cure a myriad of ills. I love my zip tie pipe. I love it like my lucky rabbit's foot.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Fr_Tom wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:55 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:58 pm The only thing better than a Bond-o pipe is a zip tie pipe. Zip ties can cure a myriad of ills. I love my zip tie pipe. I love it like my lucky rabbit's foot.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Only have the one. I'd like to fix it proper one day to be honest. Mostly because I think a band would be sharp on it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:15 pm Only have the one. I'd like to fix it proper one day to be honest. Mostly because I think a band would be sharp on it
I am a fan of banded pipes, and I have had them fixed this way over the years. The challenge with the adjustomatic is that I would want to be able to adjust it still.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:15 pm Only have the one. I'd like to fix it proper one day to be honest. Mostly because I think a band would be sharp on it
Anyone can have a metal band on their pipe. A zip tie is a badge that a pipe earns after faithful service in a moment of duress. You don't want to forget that moment of field triage.

Sometimes you have to do meatball surgery on a pipe, and, when a zip tie is involved, there is no reason to screw up something that works after the fact.

Whoever invented the zip tie was a genius. I doubt he had pipe shanks in mind when he did it. He still belongs in the PSF hall of fame.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:55 pm
Anyone can have a metal band on their pipe. A zip tie is a badge that a pipe earns after faithful service in a moment of duress. You don't want to forget that moment of field triage.

Sometimes you have to do meatball surgery on a pipe, and, when a zip tie is involved, there is no reason to screw up something that works after the fact.

Whoever invented the zip tie was a genius. I doubt he had pipe shanks in mind when he did it. He still belongs in the PSF hall of fame.
I agree that it's a great fix when the situation calls for it. I'm a bit of a stickler for doing things right and expanding a skill set so applying a repair band seems like fun to me
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin