Candy Corn

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Oh, I bought my first bag of candy corn today. Walmart had one small box of it out. Soon they’ll be lousy with the stuff! I got honey roasted peanuts to try with them instead of regular salted. Let me tell you, not as good
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:07 pm Oh, I bought my first bag of candy corn today. Walmart had one small box of it out. Soon they’ll be lousy with the stuff! I got honey roasted peanuts to try with them instead of regular salted. Let me tell you, not as good
See, you messed with a good thing.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tsal wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:09 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:07 pm Oh, I bought my first bag of candy corn today. Walmart had one small box of it out. Soon they’ll be lousy with the stuff! I got honey roasted peanuts to try with them instead of regular salted. Let me tell you, not as good
See, you messed with a good thing.
I can fix that manana!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

simplepipes wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:35 pm
Tsal wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:30 pm
simplepipes wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:27 pm Once again in the minority . . . can't stand the stuff . . . paraffin wax and sugar.

-sp
I gather you are more of a rootbeer barrel candy kinda fella?
My favorite candy was discontinued . . . Jolly Ranchers Fire Ranchers.

In a weak moment I favor black licorice otherwise I try to avoid candy as much as possible.

-sp
Brach's cinnamon disc's were almost neck & neck for me with the fire jolly ranchers. Atomic fireballs were my favorite
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'm going to try to bribe the wife into hitting Walmart for the supplies for me. I strongly dislike going in there :lol:
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:31 pm
Tsal wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:22 pm I'm waiting for the circus peanuts to hit the shelves.
I love those. I love those best when they are stale.
They're perfect when they're stale! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
HSigurdsson

Is this a flavor combo that I dont know about?
Ive always been a flavor mixer. :)
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:46 pm
Tsal wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:30 pm

I gather you are more of a rootbeer barrel candy kinda fella?

In a weak moment I favor black licorice otherwise I try to avoid candy as much as possible.

-sp
Brach's cinnamon disc's were almost neck & neck for me with the fire jolly ranchers. Atomic fireballs were my favorite
Cinnamon discs and dry-roasted peanuts. I think you are onto something. The texture would be just right.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:11 pm

-sp
Cinnamon discs and dry-roasted peanuts. I think you are onto something. The texture would be just right.
Red Hots and Spanish Peanuts are the ticket for that combo
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:17 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:11 pm

Red Hots and Spanish Peanuts are the ticket for that combo
I skin on a peanut is my favorite part. I'm the same way with baked potatoes.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.