McRib. 'Nuff Said.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

YakinandBaccin wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:15 pm They’ll bring it back again. Even if no one buys it. If you take that as a metaphor for our current politics….I remain neutral 😜.
They bring it back when the price for pork drops.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Silver
Certified Codger

It's made from pork? :P
Tsal
Forum Decorum

kschatey wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:14 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:31 am
kschatey wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:10 am
Technically it's only HALF of a yellow square!
I stand corrected. Lol yellow rectangle?
I said that because it's only HALF a slice of cheese. Here is some info on that directly from McDonald's...

"You may be interested to know extensive customer research and testing was done to determine the way our customers prefer to have their cheese on the Filet-O-Fish sandwich. Interestingly enough, most of our customers preferred to have a one-half slice of cheese on their sandwiches. In fact, the Filet-O-Fish sandwich has contained one-half slice of cheese since we introduced the sandwich in 1963."
Perhaps after 60 years they should revisit that think tank. I'd prefer no yellow cheese half. A culinary rule of thumb, fish never gets cheese.
The Troll Whisperer
kschatey

Tsal wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:29 pm

I said that because it's only HALF a slice of cheese. Here is some info on that directly from McDonald's...

"You may be interested to know extensive customer research and testing was done to determine the way our customers prefer to have their cheese on the Filet-O-Fish sandwich. Interestingly enough, most of our customers preferred to have a one-half slice of cheese on their sandwiches. In fact, the Filet-O-Fish sandwich has contained one-half slice of cheese since we introduced the sandwich in 1963."
Perhaps after 60 years they should revisit that think tank. I'd prefer no yellow cheese half. A culinary rule of thumb, fish never gets cheese.
As a child I always got the Filet-O-Fish WITHOUT cheese, but now I love it with the cheese, but let's be clear that cheese ONLY works on the McD's Filet-O-Fish, not other fish dishes!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

kschatey wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:12 pm

As a child I always got the Filet-O-Fish WITHOUT cheese, but now I love it with the cheese, but let's be clear that cheese ONLY works on the McD's Filet-O-Fish, not other fish dishes!
I wouldn't classify a Filet O Fish as a fish dish. The sandwich tastes the same with or without cheese in my opinion. It's good but there are better. Wendy's panko is a nice sandwich too.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

A culinary rule of thumb, fish never gets cheese.
Paging @Chef Benny . @Chef Benny , report to the McRib thread, please.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Agreed. And half of the secret sauce.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Dammit @Tsal and @kschatey you guys are making me crave a filet o fish sammich. I haven't had mcgarbage in at least 15 years
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:56 pm Dammit @Tsal and @kschatey you guys are making me crave a filet o fish sammich. I haven't had mcgarbage in at least 15 years
Don't do it man! :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:10 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:56 pm Dammit @Tsal and @kschatey you guys are making me crave a filet o fish sammich. I haven't had mcgarbage in at least 15 years
Don't do it man! :lol:
I'm not! Don't think my guts could handle it after all this time :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin