Ammo Can Humidor

Silver
Certified Codger

Glad that it's working out so well!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

ncrobb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:27 pm Well, since the crud has me feeling like crap and I don’t feel like lighting a pipe or a cigar, I thought I’d let everyone know the ammo can humidor couldn’t be better. It seals up so tightly that after the initial seasoning a single Boveda packet has maintained an average RH of 70 since my first post last December. It’s still has most of its life left in it. The second pack just arrived a week or so ago with some cigars that @Ruffinogold sent in a swap. The cedar I used was old and has not imparted any smell or taste into the cigars, there are a couple of Romeo y Juliet Bullies that have been in it since day one and I burned one a couple weeks ago and it was fantastic as always. The swap with Ruff put it almost at its volumetric limit, so far the only detraction I can find. I bought a fancy smancy proper wood humidor and while it looks better than the ammo can, for performance it cannot come close to the ammo can. It uses up a Boveda pack at the rate of about one a month. As a matter of fact, I’m thinking to “disassemble” the wood humidor and use it’s spanish cedar to line a second ammo can humidor. Cigars are here to stay at the ncrobb abode.

Those boveda packs work great. I use the 72 as well. I change them once every two months.
The Troll Whisperer