What are you Smoking? January 2023

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Two timer in the horned pot while slinging some finish. Have to clean up before doing the shelves so I don't get any colors mixing
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:51 pm 2 bowls today of G&H Coniston Cut Plug in the new Meerschaum. My first smokes in a Meerschaum. I definately got the muted flavors that i’ve heard about in Meerschaum. I also heard after about 15-20 bowls it goes away. Overall enjoyable smokes. I kept looking at the pipe. I really like it.

I find that a blend that shines in a meer continues to shine, no matter how many rounds you put through it. Hunting for those blends is the fun part
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:51 pm 2 bowls today of G&H Coniston Cut Plug in the new Meerschaum. My first smokes in a Meerschaum. I definately got the muted flavors that i’ve heard about in Meerschaum. I also heard after about 15-20 bowls it goes away. Overall enjoyable smokes. I kept looking at the pipe. I really like it.

Kinda like a reverse ghost effect?
Till it isn’t
Then the ghosts of pipes past will live on forever inside
:lurk:
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@Mr Beardsley @rekamepip it was kind of like smoking ocean. Like an ocean seashell. Makes sense. I’ll keep pushing through.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:19 pm @Mr Beardsley @rekamepip it was kind of like smoking ocean. Like an ocean seashell. Makes sense. I’ll keep pushing through.
Yep you got to fill up all of the porousness es first
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sextant in the wee Canadian with a fresh pressed cup of coffee. @Piping Abe it will give you that salty funk for a while
Presby John-Dave

Angry Cornishman in my Dr. Grabow Regal.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Fidibusz

Around noon I had some Haunted Bookshop in the Kaywoodie Saxon Poker. Forgot to post it. Just had some simple Half and Half in the Saxon. Gloomy, rainy day.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Gearing up to smoke Captain Black Royal in this Weber scoop junior, just waiting on the moka pot.
The Troll Whisperer
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Tsal wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:45 pm Gearing up to smoke Captain Black Royal in this Weber scoop junior, just waiting on the moka pot.
Great looking pipe!