Wanted: Ropp vintage 347

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Just tossing out a feeler because I know most folks here are into larger smoking pipes. So if one of you has a ropp vintage 347 (preferably Sandblasted) laying around and want to find it a new home let me know! Picture for reference, definitely do not want the church warden
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ncrobb
Founding Member

I have one of those vintage Ropp’s in a bulldog shape. Great smoker but I’ve never gotten use to the horn stem. It’s hard. But, I keep looking at the 428B shape which is very similar to the 347.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Surprised your into horn stems @Mr Beardsley i’ve never tried one but heard they are pretty clunky stems
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:20 pm I have one of those vintage Ropp’s in a bulldog shape. Great smoker but I’ve never gotten use to the horn stem. It’s hard. But, I keep looking at the 428B shape which is very similar to the 347.
It's like the truncated 347. Cool shape but I want the little extra height
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:34 pm Just tossing out a feeler because I know most folks here are into larger smoking pipes. So if one of you has a ropp vintage 347 (preferably Sandblasted) laying around and want to find it a new home let me know! Picture for reference, definitely do not want the church warden
I can't help, but very nice Beards. I'm assuming it's lightweight?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:34 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:34 pm Just tossing out a feeler because I know most folks here are into larger smoking pipes. So if one of you has a ropp vintage 347 (preferably Sandblasted) laying around and want to find it a new home let me know! Picture for reference, definitely do not want the church warden
I can't help, but very nice Beards. I'm assuming it's lightweight?
Yessir! Not as light as their etudiant line, but lighter than average for sure
Ronv69
Founding Member

I have three Ropp Vintage pipes so I know why you're looking great pipes. Sorry I don't have a 347.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:17 pm Surprised your into horn stems @Mr Beardsley i’ve never tried one but heard they are pretty clunky stems
These stems are wonderful.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:20 pm
I have three Ropp Vintage pipes so I know why you're looking great pipes. Sorry I don't have a 347.
Which ones do you have Ron? Asking out of curiosity, not to try to con you out of them
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:43 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:20 pm
Which ones do you have Ron? Asking out of curiosity, not to try to con you out of them
I have a belge, a small hex billiard and another that I can't remember off hand.
God and Texas!