Latest Pipe Purchase 2023

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:21 pm After teetering back and forth between my wife and I as what to get each other for Christmas
(she chose a purse and I chose a pipe)

I offered to just buy my own pipe and she agreed to pick out her purse and we would call it good

She is still looking and
I think I got the better deal 🤣

But at least we will both have something to unwrap for Christmas with the family
I like that plan.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:06 pm
rekamepip wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:21 pm After teetering back and forth between my wife and I as what to get each other for Christmas

I offered to just buy my own pipe and she agreed to pick out her purse and we would call it good

She is still looking and

But at least we will both have something to unwrap for Christmas with the family
Can’t wait to see it buddy! 🎄

I ended up going with the pipes I mentioned to you earlier that we’re on sale at JRCigars

A Peterson for 48 bucks
And tosses in a GiGi pipe for 35

As an added bonus I guess my debit card had a year end benefit balance that I could apply to the purchase
So unless they have something against using it on this particular purchase - I checked out for 38 bucks total
:awesome:

Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Picked up a last minute Mitchell Thomas basket pipe and a tin of Cringle Flake from WV Smokeshop. When the order arrived, it had a surprise extra baggie with about an ounce of Holiday Blend... and it smells delicious. Can't wait to try it.

Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
rekamepip
Codger in Training

She is still looking and

:clap:
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:56 pm

She is still looking and

Damn those are gorgeous! Couldnt wait for Christmas :lol:
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Just had to do an inspection before wrapping them up
Can’t beat an Irish Made
But the GiGi pipe is dang nice too
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:08 pm Just had to do an inspection before wrapping them up
Can’t beat an Irish Made
But the GiGi pipe is dang nice too
Oh I get it. You came out on top :thumbs:
Tsal
Forum Decorum

rekamepip wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:56 pm

She is still looking and

Very nice! 👍
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I spoke to Jake Hackert this morning for about an hour and I have a coupke new pipes to be made come 2024. He was happy to talk pipes over the phone. He said all he does is answer emails regarding work.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:36 pm I spoke to Jake Hackert this morning for about an hour and I have a coupke new pipes to be made come 2024. He was happy to talk pipes over the phone. He said all he does is answer emails regarding work.
Thats wonderful. How many pipes do you have?