Wanted: Peterson System Standard

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:42 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:30 am 3 people added a wdc wellington junior to their watch list in the past day. Is it the three of you fellas? :lol:
I think that one is on my watchlist but no measurements. How small is it?? Is that the size of your thumb?
No, the junior appears to be a pretty normal size. The baby was a tiny novelty pipe (I assume it was a novelty anyway)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:03 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:42 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:30 am 3 people added a wdc wellington junior to their watch list in the past day. Is it the three of you fellas? :lol:
I think that one is on my watchlist but no measurements. How small is it?? Is that the size of your thumb?
No, the junior appears to be a pretty normal size. The baby was a tiny novelty pipe (I assume it was a novelty anyway)
Salesman's sample maybe.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

:uh: Soooo...um....still offering two nice pipes for one Pete System w/p-lip in good condition. :)
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:43 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:20 pm I would be if I had one. Check out Wellington Pipes on eBay and Esty. They are vulcanite System Pipes. Made in America back in the day. A lot go up for sale. I got one brand new for not that much. They were made by WDC. The big ones were 10inch long. But they make small, medium and large ones. I love mine and I just got a tiny one. It needs to be cleaned though
I saw a baby wellington on the bay. It was too small (even for me)
Look for the Wellington Jumbo. A man's pipe!
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

@MikeDennison i think what folks are trying to say is to forego the Pete and snag a wellington. If I had any of my old Petes around still I'd send them to you. But I don't
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:36 pm @MikeDennison i think what folks are trying to say is to forego the Pete and snag a wellington. If I had any of my old Petes around still I'd send them to you. But I don't
Half price, American made, Vulcanite, yes thats what i’m saying @MikeDennison ! I love mine. But also don’t mind an acrylic Pete Stem. Its not bulky like Italian Acrylic.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I hear what yer sayin', @Mr Beardsley & @Piping Abe, and I'm not averse to the idea. I'm trying the trade thing to see if I can do this without laying out the extra cash. Failing that, I'll take a look at the Wellingtons. Thanks, gents! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Do you have a picture of what specifically you are looking for? I will certainly keep my eyes open.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

simplepipes wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:26 pm Do you have a picture of what specifically you are looking for? I will certainly keep my eyes open.

-sp
Any Peterson System pipe with the top-drilled p-lip, whatever the shape.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Most people don't want to let go of their Petes unless they just can't get used to the P-lip. A guy on another forum bought a dozen and hated every one. He sold them at half price barely smoked. I got most of mine from eBay, but I did buy a few new ones.
God and Texas!