Box Pass Thread?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Each box pass has its own thread, of course, as it unspools, but, is there a sub-forum, a page, I guess you would call it, just dedicated to box passes? You know what I mean, like the Official PSF Box Pass Page (tm). Something like that so that all the box passes' histories would be in one central location.

I don't think there is but I think it would be a nifty idea so that, in the future, we can read about the famous box passes to get ideas to make new box passes better. I do not know what threads box passes past are buried in. I don't even know where to find the mysterious phantom, a box pass for the storybooks, apparently.

Just a thought. :sleep:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I think theyd be in general or off topic if youre looking for them . Not a bad idea though
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:39 pm I think theyd be in general or off topic if youre looking for them . Not a bad idea though
That's the thing, they could be in this topic or in this one over here, or, maybe the best box ever is in this other one over here.

A librarian would put them all on one shelf. I have no pull here but I think this would be more efficient to find all the box pass stories in one place. YMMV.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

New Box Pass idea. @Citizen B puts all his pipes in a box. And we each clean 1 pipe for him.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:53 pm New Box Pass idea. @Citizen B puts all his pipes in a box. And we each clean 1 pipe for him.
I would like that. I have cigar boxes full of old pipes I don't care about. This is why I like a box pass, but, I feel guilty getting rid of all my junky pipes---not that the pipes are junk so much as "gently used." Clean a pipe and you can keep it. I have more than enough pipes without keeping these spent war horses in the stable.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:20 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:53 pm New Box Pass idea. @Citizen B puts all his pipes in a box. And we each clean 1 pipe for him.
I would like that. I have cigar boxes full of old pipes I don't care about. This is why I like a box pass, but, I feel guilty getting rid of all my junky pipes---not that the pipes are junk so much as "gently used." Clean a pipe and you can keep it. I have more than enough pipes without keeping these spent war horses in the stable.
Send your hand me downs to the Phantom and they can go out at the start of the pass, or become a player this next time around.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcat wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:27 pm
Send your hand me downs to the Phantom and they can go out at the start of the pass, or become a player this next time around.

Zzzz-Bzz-clix-click static. Message received. If I am clear, P3xP2 is in the works.

I am still noncommittal, but, I do have a lot of old pipes I would like to unload. All of them good. Bzzzzt.

It is only January. It is too early for a box pass since the last one. :(

I sense that a perfect storm is brewing. We shall see.

Only the Phantom knows.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

I have a good bit of tobacco and a few pipes to contribute when this gets started!
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Just got word from the Phantom (aka@Wildcat )

He said his phone is down until later this week

But personally I think he went on spring break
:lol: