Knife family photo

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:19 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:28 am @Citizen B how’s that new knife working out for you?
Well, to tell you the truth, I am thinking about sending it back to you for a tune up. It still keeps pricking my finger because the blade tip pokes out of the handle just enough to be a bloody irritant. I keep pricking my finger when I put my hand in my pocket. I wasn't going to say anything but since you asked...

Just yesterday a friend asked me why I am not carrying my new knife. I gave her the same reason. She asked because I pulled out my old Opinel, locked the blade, and scraped some glue off a hard surface. That is when she noticed I was using my old, well-worn Opinel versus the spiffy custom model I had been showing off weeks before.
Damn, shoot it back to me and i’ll fix it up in no time. Shouldn’t take much.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

So I ordered two Case Christmas Trappers for my son's and they were supposed to come in a limited edition collector's display box, instead they turned up in a regular box wrapped in tissue paper! WTH? :lol: Of course they are out of stock now!
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:59 pm So I ordered two Case Christmas Trappers for my son's and they were supposed to come in a limited edition collector's display box, instead they turned up in a regular box wrapped in tissue paper! WTH? :lol: Of course they are out of stock now!
Oh that's a drag! Returning them?
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:07 pm
Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:59 pm So I ordered two Case Christmas Trappers for my son's and they were supposed to come in a limited edition collector's display box, instead they turned up in a regular box wrapped in tissue paper! WTH? :lol: Of course they are out of stock now!
No. I am going to call tomorrow tho about the boxes.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:20 pm
Oh, so it was the right knifes with the wrong presentation?
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:44 pm

Yes. I wouldn't care if they were for me but I want my kids to have something special. They like displaying stuff on their shelves.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:16 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:44 pm
Yes. I wouldn't care if they were for me but I want my kids to have something special. They like displaying stuff on their shelves.
Yup. I totally get it
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Grab a leather maker and design an original sheath for them, engrave the date and names on the back side.
They will cherish that longer than a box.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Plinsc wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:49 pm Grab a leather maker and design an original sheath for them, engrave the date and names on the back side.
They will cherish that longer than a box.
Yeah, I can do that but I didn't get what I payed for.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

That blows . Yeah man , you want the presentation of a Christmas gift . Maybe theyll shoot you something cool
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.