Cigora?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I spotted a quarter-page ad in the Wall Street Journal for Cirgora.com. https://www.cigora.com

I always say that hand made cigars are a rich man's habit, but, this site seems a little high-faluting, even for Mr. Fancy Pants.

Your thoughts?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I didn't click much but what I saw was far too rich for my blood

Definitely for the wsj guys who either don't know better or have too much money to care. A quick glance at their southern draw selection tells me I'll stick with cigarpage
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

Cigars are expensive. The cheapest one I saw was still out of my price range. But the ones in the catalog from P&C are just as much. A hand rolled cigar is going to cost more. Other than a half dozen Macanudos I have never smoked a cigar that costs more than a dollar. The Macanudos were good, but not worth it for me. One of those $20 cigars would make 6 or 7 bowls of pipe tobacco if chopped up.
I have smoked nickel cigars just to irritate some people I didn't like. It didn't bother them, (cigarette smokers), I got used to them. I have a box of dollar cigars that I smoke outside on nice days.
God and Texas!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I still smoke cigars. But every time I do, I wish I was smoking a pipe.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:07 pm I still smoke cigars. But every time I do, I wish I was smoking a pipe.
Wait until your foot heals.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I started on the pipe because I was spending too much on cigars.

The good ones aren't cheap.
ever forward
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Like @Ronv69 I've never smoked a cigar that cost more than a dollar or there about, unless friends from our group here sent them to me.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Luckily I live close to a lounge that has a nice selection of cigars.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

That site is interesting in that they dont carry a bazillion brands . The big etail sites carry everything almost . Thonpson , should drop 25 % of their inventory , imho , because its shit . Its like they have brands that should have been bundles at best but put a band on them and gave them a name

Theres way too much tax on cigars . The government makes more money off cigars than manufacturers , wholesalers and retailers and it sickens me . Obama really screwed the pooch and it will never recover to even a semi reasonable level

I do enjoy my cheap bundle Casa Garcia Connecticut and occasionally Ill buy a Zino or something really good but its rare . I still have some big gun smokes from my shop in the 90s ... aging now in cedar for 26 years . Itll take a major event for me to light one
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:03 pm That site is interesting in that they dont carry a bazillion brands . The big etail sites carry everything almost . Thonpson , should drop 25 % of their inventory , imho , because its shit . Its like they have brands that should have been bundles at best but put a band on them and gave them a name

Theres way too much tax on cigars . The government makes more money off cigars than manufacturers , wholesalers and retailers and it sickens me . Obama really screwed the pooch and it will never recover to even a semi reasonable level

I do enjoy my cheap bundle Casa Garcia Connecticut and occasionally Ill buy a Zino or something really good but its rare . I still have some big gun smokes from my shop in the 90s ... aging now in cedar for 26 years . Itll take a major event for me to light one
At your age waking up on the right side of the dirt constitutes a major event, doesn't it? :lol: :buddy:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin