Health Wake Up Call

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Well, today I had an appointment with the dr...sort of a general physical without the finger. Anyway, I'm way heavy. Way. Almost 300. And my cholesterol is way high. I know I've got to take action...and I know that a few of you guys have been in similar circumstances. So if you guys have any ideas other than eating sawdust, I'd like to hear'em. Thanks in advance for your help.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Keto will change your life friend. You can lose a lot of weight and fast. No exercise is needed, but it will help a lot.

And Keto is sustainable. Keto/Carnivore is the diet we should be eating. I couldn’t recommend it high enough.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:38 pm Keto will change your life friend. You can lose a lot of weight and fast. No exercise is needed, but it will help a lot.

And Keto is sustainable. Keto/Carnivore is the diet we should be eating. I couldn’t recommend it high enough.
What about cholesterol, etc?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Find a 20 something year old chick ... have fun .... loose weight
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'll second the keto path. It's really crazy how you feel after cutting the carbs and starchy crap from your diet. I'm not hardcore about it because I'll still eat fruits (like apples) and vegetables (like carrots) that are technically on the no list due to carbs and sugars
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:40 pm Find a 20 something year old chick ... have fun .... loose weight
Younger women have always caused me to gain weight and lose hair. YMMV
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:40 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:38 pm Keto will change your life friend. You can lose a lot of weight and fast. No exercise is needed, but it will help a lot.

What about cholesterol, etc?
Keto will regulate everything. Literally everything. Check out KenDBerryMD on youtube.

Basically everything we have learned has been a lie. Fat is what you want to be eating. Fat and Salt are very good for you. Cut out Carbs and Sugar. Which is in freakin everything. Its ridiculous
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:43 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:40 pm Find a 20 something year old chick ... have fun .... loose weight
Lol , youre doing them wrong :lol:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:47 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:43 pm
Lol , youre doing them wrong :lol:
I've been accused of doing many things wrong in my life. That was never one of them :lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

This is a serious thread and I apologize for interjecting immature , yet truthful advice . I have high cholesterol , slightly high blood pressure [ I drink 8 coffee a day easy ] . Im one of those people that make cholesterol , so Im supposed to take something for it , eat low fat , quit smoking etc ... I havent done anything yet because Im an idiot . I could eat rice beans and air and my cholesterol would be 1000 . If Im not here tomorrow or any day , assume my idiocy caught up with me and Im dead . I know what I need to do but my wife wont give me permission