NPD!

ranchsnake

I got a call from my ex father in law asking me to do some electrical work on his house. While sitting there stumped on where the hot and neutral could be crossed I decided to pack a bowl and think. I’m glad I did. During the process of rubbing out my PS bullseye flake he commented that it looked a lot like pipe tobacco then he saw my pipe. I was loading a savinelli 320 author. He immediately got super excited and said he had something for me if I wanted it. He says he quit smoking (he’s a huge savinelli fanboy) and would feel terrible getting rid of them to someone who won’t appreciate them like I would. He goes on to give me his entire collection of 10 savinelli pipes(some really old some new), 1 really nice free hand Mario grandi pipe(never smoked), a really nice savinelli 6 pipe rack, 2 castleford combo pouches that each hold 4 pipes, 1 savinelli combo pouch that holds 3 pipes, a bunch of gl please unopened tins (3 years old), 2 Davidoff flake medallion unopened tins (3years old), a few Peterson unopened tins, and a nice pipe service kit with tools to ream and clean a pipe. Im so excited. i told my girlfriend and her reply was “MORE PIPES?!?” Lol so now I’m telling my friends that would actually care. I’ll post some pics when I get them settled in a little better. So yeah that was my new pipe day :D
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

That is freakin awesome! Can’t wait to see them. Those Savinelli stands are highlt collectable now. You don’t see many of them. Also very cool to hear you maintain a good relationship with your ex father in law. With men, we can look passed most womans issues ;)
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Man that's awesome. If you like the Bullseye Flake then Davidoff should really float your boat. I had some that was old (probably 10-15 years age) and black and delicious. Not a huge difference from LBF but enough to notice
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

ranchsnake wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:12 pm I got a call from my ex father in law asking me to do some electrical work on his house. While sitting there stumped on where the hot and neutral could be crossed I decided to pack a bowl and think. I’m glad I did. During the process of rubbing out my PS bullseye flake he commented that it looked a lot like pipe tobacco then he saw my pipe. I was loading a savinelli 320 author. He immediately got super excited and said he had something for me if I wanted it. He says he quit smoking (he’s a huge savinelli fanboy) and would feel terrible getting rid of them to someone who won’t appreciate them like I would. He goes on to give me his entire collection of 10 savinelli pipes(some really old some new), 1 really nice free hand Mario grandi pipe(never smoked), a really nice savinelli 6 pipe rack, 2 castleford combo pouches that each hold 4 pipes, 1 savinelli combo pouch that holds 3 pipes, a bunch of gl please unopened tins (3 years old), 2 Davidoff flake medallion unopened tins (3years old), a few Peterson unopened tins, and a nice pipe service kit with tools to ream and clean a pipe. Im so excited. i told my girlfriend and her reply was “MORE PIPES?!?” Lol so now I’m telling my friends that would actually care. I’ll post some pics when I get them settled in a little better. So yeah that was my new pipe day :D
:awesome: score!

You and she should probably get used to the “MORE PIPES?!?” thing lol !
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
ranchsnake

:awesome: score!

You and she should probably get used to the “MORE PIPES?!?” thing lol !
[/quote]

Lol when she finds out about the tobacco I also got she’s probably gonna flip since I just ordered 4lbs of Sam Gowith right before they all sold out at pipesandcigars. She thought I had enough cellared already. Little does she know, my cellar is waaaaaayy less than half full lol
ranchsnake

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:34 pm Man that's awesome. If you like the Bullseye Flake then Davidoff should really float your boat. I had some that was old (probably 10-15 years age) and black and delicious. Not a huge difference from LBF but enough to notice
Yeah I plan on opening one tin to smoke now and saving the other for about 10 years.
ranchsnake

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:29 pm That is freakin awesome! Can’t wait to see them. Those Savinelli stands are highlt collectable now. You don’t see many of them. Also very cool to hear you maintain a good relationship with your ex father in law. With men, we can look passed most womans issues ;)
I’d never seen this savinelli stand and I can’t find it online for sale so I totally feel like I scored big time and all I had to do was smoke a pipe like any normal person would who’s working out a problem.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Awesome! :clap: Can't wait to see the pics. :thumbs:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-