The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:28 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:18 pm I haven't been drinking any of the hard stuff the past few days because I've been taking benadryl to fight the reaction to the laundry soap. I did snag another bottle of Southshot to take camping soon (10 days-ish) because it's plenty good for a campground sipper
You bastid .. Id love to camp for 10 days . Enjoy :thumbs:
You live in the best part of Georgia to do it!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:36 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:18 pm I haven't been drinking any of the hard stuff the past few days because I've been taking benadryl to fight the reaction to the laundry soap. I did snag another bottle of Southshot to take camping soon (10 days-ish) because it's plenty good for a campground sipper
You live in the best part of Georgia to do it!
Its a time thing . Im fortunate enough to where my property is prettty much camping but Im jonesing for a good stretch in the Cohutta Wilderness :thumbs:

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sorry, in 10 days. Not for 10 days. At that point I wouldn't even come home lol
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:15 pm
Sorry, in 10 days. Not for 10 days. At that point I wouldn't even come home lol
Exactly ! Hell , Id have a decent place built in 10 days , figured where the fish and game were and devised offensive and defensive measures . Why leave at that point .... other than for woman company
Iain

I correctly predicted I might need to add an extra kick to my afternoon coffee today so I came out prepared with a flask of Makers Mark. I ain't working and I ain't driving so why not :D

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Iain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:44 am I correctly predicted I might need to add an extra kick to my afternoon coffee today so I came out prepared with a flask of Makers Mark. I ain't working and I ain't driving so why not :D

Nice !

Thats reminding me that I dont know where my flask as been for over a year . Ive got a small back up but its more a tease
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Four Roses is still hitting the spot here
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Lately , Ive been bouncing back and forth between my " trinity " of cheap bourbons . Im talking big handle bottles you can get for 20 to 25 bucks .

Henry McKenna 80 , Very Old Barton 90 and Virgin bourbon 101 .... then it dawns on me why I cant settle on one . Maybe subconsciously Ill be in the mood for a 80 , 90 or 101 proof [ ? ] ....
of the many Very Old Bartons , I think the 90 is the one ! I was confused with it when I was trying that brand out for a while because I didnt realize the different proofs . Turns out Ive had them all over time ... I believe theres an 80 , 86 , 90 and 100 . My buddy Simon and I both agree that the 90 is the best so it must be true

OGD 114 is still the greatest for me . I had some a few nights ago .... my goodness that stuff is wonderful . I really think the other 2 OGD are wanting to be the 114 . The flavor of what the others are after is realized in the 114 . Its still between 32 and 35 for a regular size bottle here locally
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I like the variety of buying different brands, although this is my 3rd bottle in a row of Four Roses
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
apprenticeldr

Bourbon: My go-to is Larceny. On the rare occasion I can afford it, I'm a Booker's fan.
Scotch: Laphroaig Quartercask, Lagavulin 16yr
Irish: Writer's Tears
Quando omni flunkus moritati. :D