Smoke in Car.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Years ago I would sometimes smoke a cigar on the Vespa but never a pipe. Needing two hands to navigate traffic and weave through bottlenecks, I don't smoke while I drive anymore. God forbid, if I get in an accident, which I did a few days ago (nothing more serious than a skinned knee and bruised ribs), I do not want a pipe stem jammed into my head when I hit the pavement.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:42 pm Years ago I would sometimes smoke a cigar on the Vespa but never a pipe. Needing two hands to navigate traffic and weave through bottlenecks, I don't smoke while I drive anymore. God forbid, if I get in an accident, which I did a few days ago (nothing more serious than a skinned knee and bruised ribs), I do not want a pipe stem jammed into my head when I hit the pavement.
In a town like New Orleans the headline "man impaled with tobacco pipe on vespa" may be page 3 news
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
saulgoldie

Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:39 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:27 pm I cant imagine not smoking while driving . What a frigging drag that woud be . You smoke and date .... well , what are you worried about ? If she freaked over it , find another date . I mean , its not like you have to cater to anybody
Spoken like ctiizen of PSF would expect the Mayor to speak. :thumbs:
I'm, um, "a bit" older. And yes, I do get the generational aspect.

Saul
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Lol the lingering smell of pipe tobacco smoke is the nicest thing about my old truck. It carries its own seasonal essence. Woody and generally animally. Many outdoor odors inside and outside the truck. Im glad it doesnt smell like sweat honestly.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Wildcrow wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:11 am Lol the lingering smell of pipe tobacco smoke is the nicest thing about my old truck. It carries its own seasonal essence. Woody and generally animally. Many outdoor odors inside and outside the truck. Im glad it doesnt smell like sweat honestly.
I’d expect nothing less- good to see you my friend. I was just thinking to hit you up and check in.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wildcrow wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:11 am Lol the lingering smell of pipe tobacco smoke is the nicest thing about my old truck. It carries its own seasonal essence. Woody and generally animally. Many outdoor odors inside and outside the truck. Im glad it doesnt smell like sweat honestly.
Dude ....................... :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Lived in possessions become an extension of our personalities.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

It covers up the smell of spilled 2-cycle gas for my chainsaw!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Richard Hanson

Gents,

My personal vehicles have always been manuals, love the engagement. I drive when I am driving, no food, drinks, texting, smoking or smooching. When I am not driving, I have participated in a wide range of activities in my cars although the stick shift can makes things a bit more complicated at times.

If a date complains about the smell, thank her, thank Providence, for letting you know that it is time to look for a better woman. You disserve more then the minimum, your worth it!

Warmest Regards,
Richard
Living the lesepfeife life.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Richard Hanson wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:49 am Gents,

My personal vehicles have always been manuals, love the engagement. I drive when I am driving, no food, drinks, texting, smoking or smooching. When I am not driving, I have participated in a wide range of activities in my cars although the stick shift can makes things a bit more complicated at times.

If a date complains about the smell, thank her, thank Providence, for letting you know that it is time to look for a better woman. You disserve more then the minimum, your worth it!

Warmest Regards,
Richard
Well said Richard!