Smoke in Car.

saulgoldie

So I smoke my pipe while driving. I know I'm not the only one. For the others who do, do you get "comments" from passengers? I mean, I don't smoke in the car when there are passengers, of course. That would just be over the line. But the residual smell. In a possible dating situation, do you think it might be a deal breaker?

Also, I may be about to sell a car that has the smell. If I chose to try to clean it, how to make it not smell like tobacco for a potential buyer?

Saul
Tsal
Forum Decorum

You should date a smoker.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:52 pm You should date a smoker.
Preferably a pipe smoker. Or someone who thinks pipe smoking is genteel and manly.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I don't smoke in my truck for that exact reason. Call a reputable detailer and have them deep clean the interior to take a bit of the smell out and sell asap
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
HSigurdsson

I do not smoke in the vehicles.
I used to but my wife is a non smoker.
She doesn't mind but I dont think its necessary.
But, my dirty little secret is I dip Copenhagen or Stokers while in the house or cars.
Outside its anything goes!!!
Silver
Certified Codger

I smoke in my car. It's my car.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I smoke in my car all the time when no ones with me. Windows all open, cracked to halfway. Never AC as it will cycle through the AC Filter and thats where the smell will stay and always smell.

I usually just clean my car as normal and any, if there is any, smell is gone. Used pip cleaners and ash is where the bad smell stays. Get that out ASAP when you get home.

They make these like ridiculous air fresheners where you pop the top and run the AC and leave all the doors open or something for a few hours. Supposedly they work pretty well.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:30 pm I smoke in my car all the time when no ones with me. Windows all open, cracked to halfway. Never AC as it will cycle through the AC Filter and thats where the smell will stay and always smell.

I usually just clean my car as normal and any, if there is any, smell is gone. Used pip cleaners and ash is where the bad smell stays. Get that out ASAP when you get home.

They make these like ridiculous air fresheners where you pop the top and run the AC and leave all the doors open or something for a few hours. Supposedly they work pretty well.
You can supposedly do a good cleaning of every surface and then liberally spray febreeze in all the soft cloth areas and close the car up. But it all depends on how it was smoked in. Definitely doesn't work for ciggy smoke, I can tell you that for sure
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:41 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:30 pm I smoke in my car all the time when no ones with me. Windows all open, cracked to halfway. Never AC as it will cycle through the AC Filter and thats where the smell will stay and always smell.

You can supposedly do a good cleaning of every surface and then liberally spray febreeze in all the soft cloth areas and close the car up. But it all depends on how it was smoked in. Definitely doesn't work for ciggy smoke, I can tell you that for sure
I do that but use Odoban. It elimates odors and is good for everyday cleaning.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I cant imagine not smoking while driving . What a frigging drag that woud be . You smoke and date .... well , what are you worried about ? If she freaked over it , find another date . I mean , its not like you have to cater to anybody
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.