LJ Peretti’s

GatorGirl

Well I made it to Boston and LJ Peretti’s! What an amazing tobacco shop. I wasn’t able to hang out for long but it was still what I expected from such a long storied and historic tobacco shop. A few old codgers and great service. My kinda place.
I picked up some 150th Flake, which smells amazing and I can’t wait to try. Some Boston's Best Cavendish for a little aro hit and some Crown for a lighter English blend. I could have spent a lot of time and money there, but it was a short trip to the beautiful city.
GatorGirl

GatorGirl wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:20 am Well I made it to Boston and LJ Peretti’s! What an amazing tobacco shop. I wasn’t able to hang out for long but it was still what I expected from such a long storied and historic tobacco shop. A few old codgers and great service. My kinda place.
I picked up some 150th Flake, which smells amazing and I can’t wait to try. Some Boston's Best Cavendish for a little aro hit and some Crown for a lighter English blend. I could have spent a lot of time and money there, but it was a short trip to the beautiful city.
Middle Earth

That is beautiful
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

That is awesome! They are one of the best for sure. I can only imagine the smell of that place
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

GatorGirl wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:20 am Well I made it to Boston and LJ Peretti’s! What an amazing tobacco shop. I wasn’t able to hang out for long but it was still what I expected from such a long storied and historic tobacco shop. A few old codgers and great service. My kinda place.
I am glad you enjoyed yourself on Park Square. It really is an experience.

To think there were shops like this everywhere back in the day---it makes me nostalgic for times gone by.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
GatorGirl

They actually weigh the tobacco using that old scale in the middle of the picture with weights! So authentic!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

GatorGirl wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:54 pm They actually weigh the tobacco using that old scale in the middle of the picture with weights! So authentic!
None of Piretti's blends are pre-packaged, They mix everything in the back room. You can buy 1/33 oz if that is what you want.

The scale has been there for about 100 years. If it isn't broken, there is no need to replace it. Sometimes, the old ways are best.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

I need to check this place out. It’s been up there on my list right with Iwan Ries which I’ve been too twice now and can never get enough of.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:16 pm I need to check this place out. It’s been up there on my list right with Iwan Ries which I’ve been too twice now and can never get enough of.
Peretti is different from Iwan Ries. They are shops from different eras. They make for an interesting comparison, especially when compared to modern B&Ms.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ric03

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:37 pm
I am glad you enjoyed yourself on Park Square. It really is an experience.

To think there were shops like this everywhere back in the day---it makes me nostalgic for times gone by.
You will probably enjoy this:

The Victorian Pharmacy. Life in a 19th-century pharmacy is re-created in this four-part documentary. Historian Ruth Goodman, professor Nick Barber and doctorate student Tom Quick discover how people attempted to cure common ailments beginning at the time of Queen Victoria's reign in 1837, when remedies such as leeches, oil of earthworm and opium potions were commonly used.