Three New Missouri Meerschaum Blends

kschatey

From SmokingPipes.com...

The Luminaire, Drawndown, and Party Line pipe tobacco blends are members of Missouri Meerschaum's celebrated MMC Elite series. Manufactured by Cornell & Diehl, these three blends honor Henry Tibbe and the pivotal role he and his family played in modernizing Washington, Missouri's infrastructure.
  • Luminaire -- On New Year's Eve of 1892, Anton Tibbe, son of founder Henry Tibbe, brought electricity to Washington for the first time, after setting up the town's first power plant. The Luminaire blend celebrates that historic event with a flake-cut mixture of Red Virginias, Cavendish, Katerini Orientals, and St. James Perique.
  • Drawndown -- A ready-rubbed mixture of Bright Virginias, Latakia, Cavendish, and St. James Perique, Drawdown, as a blend, celebrates Henry Tibbe's finalization of Washington, Missouri's first wind-powered plumbing system in 1887, an event that provided the Tibbes and their neighbors with indoor running water.
  • Party Line -- A cake-cut blend of Burley, Cavendish, and St. James Perique elevated by notes of peaty scotch and cocoa, the Party Line mixture celebrates Henry Tibbe's son, Anton Tibbe, who installed Washington, Missouri's first telephone line in 1883.
HSigurdsson

Ive recently realized that every time I read about a new blend I say, "mmmm, that sounds good".
I honestly have never found a blend I flat hated.
There are some...Bayou Morning....that I don't really care for, but I dont hate it.
Anyways, Ill add these to an order!!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

kschatey wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:14 pm From SmokingPipes.com...

The Luminaire, Drawndown, and Party Line pipe tobacco blends are members of Missouri Meerschaum's celebrated MMC Elite series. Manufactured by Cornell & Diehl, these three blends honor Henry Tibbe and the pivotal role he and his family played in modernizing Washington, Missouri's infrastructure.
  • Luminaire -- On New Year's Eve of 1892, Anton Tibbe, son of founder Henry Tibbe, brought electricity to Washington for the first time, after setting up the town's first power plant. The Luminaire blend celebrates that historic event with a flake-cut mixture of Red Virginias, Cavendish, Katerini Orientals, and St. James Perique.
  • Drawndown -- A ready-rubbed mixture of Bright Virginias, Latakia, Cavendish, and St. James Perique, Drawdown, as a blend, celebrates Henry Tibbe's finalization of Washington, Missouri's first wind-powered plumbing system in 1887, an event that provided the Tibbes and their neighbors with indoor running water.
  • Party Line -- A cake-cut blend of Burley, Cavendish, and St. James Perique elevated by notes of peaty scotch and cocoa, the Party Line mixture celebrates Henry Tibbe's son, Anton Tibbe, who installed Washington, Missouri's first telephone line in 1883.
There is too much fluff in these descriptions. I don't care about what happened in 1892, 1887, or 1883.

It is nice packaging, however. I will give them that.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:15 pm
kschatey wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:14 pm From SmokingPipes.com...

There is too much fluff in these descriptions. I don't care about what happened in 1892, 1887, or 1883.

It is nice packaging, however. I will give them that.
Well as a Missourian I fond the history lesson a welcome addition to the description.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Puff nstuff

The first one is enticing; I may have to order that one.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Puff nstuff wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:02 am The first one is enticing; I may have to order that one.
Agreed may try this one if SP/skinny jeans ever gives me a quote on some pipes sent in.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

BlueRidge wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:30 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:02 am The first one is enticing; I may have to order that one.
Agreed may try this one if SP/skinny jeans ever gives me a quote on some pipes sent in.
Yeah I’m still waiting on an estate pipe quote from them as well. The information page states 5-10 business days for them to estimate the value. Looks like the later timeframe for mine
Maybe today
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:07 am
Yeah I’m still waiting on an estate pipe quote from them as well. The information page states 5-10 business days for them to estimate the value. Looks like the later timeframe for mine
Maybe today
I heard that someone called and they are like months behind backed up with estates to value and add to the site
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Another C&D product ... oi . I think they may hold the record of amount of blends ? Im sure its so much different than all there others :roll:

:lol: :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:57 am
rekamepip wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:07 am

Maybe today
I heard that someone called and they are like months behind backed up with estates to value and add to the site

I don’t care how long it takes them to get up onsite
Just send me my money fast !!!