Pouches and stuff

Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Hey gents i hope everyone is well, ive been on the hunt for a way i can easily carry a pipe and a small load of baccy around in a pocket. I have a gorgeous roll but its to cumbersome to fit in my fly fishing vest, i also recently picked up a cheap plaid pouch but it doesnt look like its going to be long enough to fit a pipe as well as the baccy. Mainly just asking around trying to see how yall carry yours when you wanna travel light if you care to share.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Shirt pocket
GatorGirl

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Those are nifty. I like the old school plaid ones with the lining best
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Presby John-Dave

My wife made me two different pouches. One is a single pocket with a zipper at the top. I've had it for a while now, and is favored. The other one is a roll and was an experimental design. It works pretty well, but she's going back to the drawing board to account for its weaknesses.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

All the pouches that have zippers or snaps pretty much suck in comparison to a rubber lined roll up . I mean if you just have a days worth youre carrying [ which is what they are intended for most likely ] , then they are fine . But the roll ups just keep things from drying out . In that regard they are the best by a light year

As far as not being cumbersome .. not a chance . The only thing Ive found is a roll up or OTC pouch and a straight pipe [ stem down ] in the back pocket . Its perfect and the possible cumbersome for carrying both in one pocket ............. but ... careful sitting down , its how Ive broken most pipes over the years

You could get a pipe holster for your belt . They are excellent and I use them in the woods mostly and they work best with a straight pipe , of course . That and a pouch / roll up in the back pocket and its even less cumbersome

In my car , I keep a Sorring Owl combo . I love it and I can " pocket it " for a little while if need be but it , like everythng else , is cumbersome

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

What I was talking about above ^^^
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Thanks for the links and input everyone!
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
HSigurdsson

A hard sided sunglass case.
They can fit a pipe, cleaners, tamper and some tobacco.
They are very inexpensive.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:19 pm All the pouches that have zippers or snaps pretty much suck in comparison to a rubber lined roll up . I mean if you just have a days worth youre carrying [ which is what they are intended for most likely ] , then they are fine . But the roll ups just keep things from drying out . In that regard they are the best by a light year

As far as not being cumbersome .. not a chance . The only thing Ive found is a roll up or OTC pouch and a straight pipe [ stem down ] in the back pocket . Its perfect and the possible cumbersome for carrying both in one pocket ............. but ... careful sitting down , its how Ive broken most pipes over the years

You could get a pipe holster for your belt . They are excellent and I use them in the woods mostly and they work best with a straight pipe , of course . That and a pouch / roll up in the back pocket and its even less cumbersome

In my car , I keep a Sorring Owl combo . I love it and I can " pocket it " for a little while if need be but it , like everythng else , is cumbersome

Sorring Owl is good. I have one of their leather pipe stands.

Where did you get that lighter? That's what I want to know.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.