Pouches and stuff

Ronv69
Founding Member

Use a shorter pipe.
God and Texas!
Presby John-Dave

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:49 pm A hard sided sunglass case.
They can fit a pipe, cleaners, tamper and some tobacco.
They are very inexpensive.
I second this, if you can make it work. I don't typically leave the house with clay pipes, but when I do, I use an old eyeglasses case.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:45 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:19 pm All the pouches that have zippers or snaps pretty much suck in comparison to a rubber lined roll up . I mean if you just have a days worth youre carrying [ which is what they are intended for most likely ] , then they are fine . But the roll ups just keep things from drying out . In that regard they are the best by a light year

As far as not being cumbersome .. not a chance . The only thing Ive found is a roll up or OTC pouch and a straight pipe [ stem down ] in the back pocket . Its perfect and the possible cumbersome for carrying both in one pocket ............. but ... careful sitting down , its how Ive broken most pipes over the years

You could get a pipe holster for your belt . They are excellent and I use them in the woods mostly and they work best with a straight pipe , of course . That and a pouch / roll up in the back pocket and its even less cumbersome

In my car , I keep a Sorring Owl combo . I love it and I can " pocket it " for a little while if need be but it , like everythng else , is cumbersome

Sorring Owl is good. I have one of their leather pipe stands.

Where did you get that lighter? That's what I want to know.
That's a bougie one , man . Ya gotta be in the know but Ill PM you :thumbs: :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ric03

I have a mini messenger style bag, that I use for dog walking, but it's also perfect for throwing my smoking supplies (which, obviously, includes a leakproof mug and a few biscuits) in too.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

ric03 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:34 am I have a mini messenger style bag, that I use for dog walking, but it's also perfect for throwing my smoking supplies (which, obviously, includes a leakproof mug and a few biscuits) in too.

Are you European?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ric03

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:27 pm
ric03 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:34 am I have a mini messenger style bag, that I use for dog walking, but it's also perfect for throwing my smoking supplies (which, obviously, includes a leakproof mug and a few biscuits) in too.

Are you European?
I'm from the UK (the damp, rainy North). Why do you ask?
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

ric03 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:39 pm

Are you European?
I only see the Jack Wolfskin brand in Europe, UK included.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ric03

Citizen B wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:09 pm

Are you European?
I didn't realize that. They seem like a decent brand, I love the bag and also got some walking shoes of theirs and they've lasted well.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

ric03 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:08 pm

I didn't realize that. They seem like a decent brand, I love the bag and also got some walking shoes of theirs and they've lasted well.
My German father-in-law wears their jackets and I see the brand in stores everywhere in Europe. I don't think the brand has penetrated the American market. I live in New Orleans so I don't know how much the brand has invaded more cosmopolitan cities than mine.

New Orleans is a world removed from the rest.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
HSigurdsson

ric03 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:08 pm

I had never heard of Jack Wolfskin until last year on a hunting trip in Montana a friend had a pair of their boots. The boots preformed very good for the harsh environment we were in.....snow, ice, water, negative temps....
The boots were fine after 2 weeks and 50+ miles walked in the mountains.
And, they cost half or less what other boots cost.