Who digs small pipes?

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:41 pm My newest small pipe that showed up today. A Stanwell 7455 belge. And a comparison shot to my "usual" belge (under the harsh led lighting in the garage)
That's an elegant looking pipe there, Beards. But oh so teeny!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Maynard

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:41 pm My newest small pipe that showed up today. A Stanwell 7455 belge. And a comparison shot to my "usual" belge (under the harsh led lighting in the garage)
Nice pipes !

Surprised you haven’t acquired a Rossi piccolo yet
Or have you?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

rekamepip wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:12 pm
Nice pipes !

Surprised you haven’t acquired a Rossi piccolo yet
Or have you?
Nope, I haven't yet. @Kevin Keith almost had me hitting the buy button on one at skinnyjeans a couple weeks ago but I passed. Then I ran across the little stanwell and actually got it for less $ taxed and shipped, so patience paid off again
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
HSigurdsson

Another one of my smaller pipes is this Masta Patent Standard.
Im a bit uncertain of its pedigree but I do rememer some.
Masta was started in 1900 and became part of Dunhills Parker/Hardcastle division. Masta were mainly sold in the Scandinavian market while Parker and Hardcastle were sold in more markets.
I know there is a lot of controversy about Masta, Parker and Hardcastle being Dunhill "seconds" but it kinda makes sense because they are owned by Dunhill.
Annnnd, its kind of odd that this Masta has one of Dunhills "innertube" inserts.....thats the "patent" part in the name. Annnnnd, the nomenclature font is identical to Dunhills of that era.
Anyways, who cares?? :)
This pipe just smokes and tastes great. But due to its smaller size I don't smoke it much.
ImageImageImage
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Sheridan wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:51 am
Tsal wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:09 am I've gone through my group 1 phase many years ago, I like them but they don't satisfy my smoking duration. I think I have a group 1 Dunhill squat bulldog floating around the house somewhere, it was a rare shape so I kept it.
Don’t think I’ve seen a group one squat. If you come across the little fellow, it’d be nice to see a photo. Even if everybody just laughs at it, it would be nice to see. Quite the little cutie, I’d imagine.
Well I have looked for this pipe and I can't find it. I know it's here somewhere or it was broken and thrown away without my knowing. The ladder is possible.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Thats a killer pipe ! Im smoking my Stanwell Feather weight this current trip . Its a wonderful driving pipe and wonderful all around .

I still have black stain on my hands from work yesterday . The pigment in that stuff is amazing .. oi

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:06 pm
Thats a killer pipe ! Im smoking my Stanwell Feather weight this current trip . Its a wonderful driving pipe and wonderful all around .

I still have black stain on my hands from work yesterday . The pigment in that stuff is amazing .. oi

When I was younger I used a TON of Minwax Early American stain. My hands had a permanent brown tone :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I picked up my Pug this morning and I packed it. O-o-o-o-ohhhh, yeah. I felt like I was living in a Twix commercial.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Sheridan

Tsal wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:37 pm
Sheridan wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:51 am
Tsal wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:09 am I've gone through my group 1 phase many years ago, I like them but they don't satisfy my smoking duration. I think I have a group 1 Dunhill squat bulldog floating around the house somewhere, it was a rare shape so I kept it.
Don’t think I’ve seen a group one squat. If you come across the little fellow, it’d be nice to see a photo. Even if everybody just laughs at it, it would be nice to see. Quite the little cutie, I’d imagine.
Well I have looked for this pipe and I can't find it. I know it's here somewhere or it was broken and thrown away without my knowing. The ladder is possible.
That’s the trouble with small pipes, they can slip away easier than most. Thanks for looking!👍 Hopefully it’ll turn up, I also hope it hasn’t been the cause of any household friction or accusations. I too understand how cold hearted & disinterested wives & children can be, when it comes to missing pipes & tobaccos. Lol