New Member in Houston

Griffold

Hi All, I just joined today in hopes of learning more about the pipe smoking hobby. I started smoking cigars in my 20's and have since transferred over to pipes. I'm currently enjoying burley blends like Pegasus, Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz. Any other recommendations inline with these tobaccos? I dislike added flavorings, fruity flavors, etc.
Silver
Certified Codger

Welcome from Michigan! Those blends are a great start. You can also try Three Friars and Briar Fox, as they're members of that family of blends. Oak Alley and Night Train are good ones, too.
ric03

I'm not a fan of casings, either, as they give me tongue bite. I don't really know US blends, or Burley blends that well, but you'll find plenty of suggestions on here.

Nice to meet you, anyway, and welcome from the UK.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Welcome! My recommendation is five brothers
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Welcome friend, your in the right place. I agree with everything @Silver says. Smokingpipes.com has a tobacco locator search tool. You can pick what exactly tobaccos or flavorings you want and narrow down the selection. It’s a great tool. Please ask any questions you have.
HSigurdsson

Seriously just reading the tin descriptions can tell you a lot. Look for blends with similar component tobaccos.
The advice ive given new smokers for years is to buy a bunch of one ounce samplers.
Most online retailers used to have "sampler" deals, not sure if they still do, I haven't bought tobacco in 4-5 years.
I believe you can get an ounce of bulk for around $3.
This way you can try 10 blends for around $30.
This only works with blends sold in bulk but you canat least get to know what you like for a low cost.
And dont EVER throw out any tobacco you dont like. Over time your tastes will change.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Welcome to PSF
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Welcome from central Kentucky
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Welcome from Alabama!
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Middle Earth

Greetings and Salutations from the Springfield Plateau Missouri
Those blends you are smoking are very popular here. It is providential that joined us.