Razor Blades.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Any thoughts on shaving?

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Shaving is a bigger scam than the p-lip stem...
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Overrated
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
HSigurdsson

I havent used a razor in a few years.
Due to the fact I cannot grow a entire mans beard, I use electric clippers to shave the sides. The goatee is on point......if it were 10 years ago. :)
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've been shaving with a single bladed safety razor since I was a young feller. Laughed my head off when hipsters started making it a "thang". Laughed harder when I started seeing what they were paying for gear.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ronv69
Founding Member

I shaved for the first year with my dad's Gillette. Got an electric shaver and never looked back. Had a beard from 1970 to 1988.
Now I have a Braun shaver that I look forward to using it every day.
God and Texas!
ric03

I've a cheap (3000 series) Braun electric razor and it does what I need it to. I occasionally use a DE safety razor, too, depending on mood.
Sheridan

Thoughts on shaving?
A wet shave works best for me, unless I’m on holiday somewhere & I treat myself to a ‘hot towel’ shave.
From what I can make out, the majority of American pipe smokers favour big bushy beards……I do not.
Apart from a couple of years in my 20’s when I sported a pencil moustache (like David Niven) I’ve always been clean shaven. Brush, soap & bic disposable razors I use.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I have to shave everyday for work obviously. I used standard cartridge razors for my first few years. The prices became so outrageous that I looked to DE wet shaving.

Same with pipe smoking, theres people that go crazy for this stuff and have 100s of razors/soaps/aftershave. There is even artisan soaps/creams. First thing I thought was that I do not want to be those people.

Did my research, youtube and the Badger & Blade forum. I got the Van Der Hagen from the super market and was off. I really looked forward to shaving everyday.

Now I have only bought one other razor, a Rockwell 6C. It’s fully adjustable so I can shave through a weeks beard easily. I have also settled on my soap, Arko. The only part I get into is the Aftershaves. I only have 2 but I like to try others. Can’t beat classic Old Spice.

For blades, I go through patches but right now it’s Astra Green. Before it was Derby and Shark.

I never had a fully grown in beard. Maybe 3 weeks tops and I hated it. I shave even when i’m off for extended periods of time. Not everyday though. And now my daughters hair get stuck in my scruff
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:07 am I have to shave everyday for work obviously. I used standard cartridge razors for my first few years. The prices became so outrageous that I looked to DE wet shaving.

Same with pipe smoking, theres people that go crazy for this stuff and have 100s of razors/soaps/aftershave. There is even artisan soaps/creams. First thing I thought was that I do not want to be those people.

Did my research, youtube and the Badger & Blade forum. I got the Van Der Hagen from the super market and was off. I really looked forward to shaving everyday.

Now I have only bought one other razor, a Rockwell 6C. It’s fully adjustable so I can shave through a weeks beard easily. I have also settled on my soap, Arko. The only part I get into is the Aftershaves. I only have 2 but I like to try others. Can’t beat classic Old Spice.

For blades, I go through patches but right now it’s Astra Green. Before it was Derby and Shark.

I never had a fully grown in beard. Maybe 3 weeks tops and I hated it. I shave even when i’m off for extended periods of time. Not everyday though. And now my daughters hair get stuck in my scruff
I bought a grab bag of blades off Amazon...say ten years ago? For ridiculously cheap money. I'm still using them! I use Proraso soap, Clubman aftershave, and a Merkur adjustable razor. Same gear for years.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-