Its people like this ....

HSigurdsson

rekamepip wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:56 am eBay
Does anyone remember when burnt toast was selling on auction format for hundreds?
Or the mystery boxes ?
:lol:
Ha, I remember this trend.
Like a potato chip that looks like Eisenhower for $250!
But, today its even worse....by far....check out NFTs.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

People that scam like this should get a government sanctioned ass whooping . Nothing too brutal ... but an ass whooping , videoed and put on the web . Maybe a few bitch slappings and a kick in the ass
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
nimazparsa

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:57 pm .... that make me think other than lite and fluffy thoughts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175889981123?h ... Sw-a5k9zzD

What a jerk
225 dollars for an empty thin???
What the hell?
---------------------
Change to be happy :thumbs:
---------------------
Iain

HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:26 pm
rekamepip wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:01 am I think I remember a court case on Judge Judy about a buyer from eBay claiming to be ripped off not receiving an item while the auction listing clearly stated they would get a picture of it instead. JJ had to side with the seller on that one but not until after they got an earful
Ive heard this before.
Another thing to look out for is on Wish.
I have never bought from them but ive heard the shady stories.
Like the guy who found an e-bike on Wish for like $30.
The add described the bike in detail.
What he got was an electric bicycle horn.
Small print said this price was for the HORN. :)
Wish deals in mainly fakes of well known brands, I have bought some stuff but only small, cheap items. Another one is AliExpress, again mainly fakes but some stuff is genuine factory seconds, there are deals to be had but you have to have your wits about you.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Buying cheap communist goods huh ... hmmm . Be like Ron and make it yourself ... :lol:

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
HSigurdsson

Iain wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:33 am
HSigurdsson wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:26 pm
rekamepip wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:01 am I think I remember a court case on Judge Judy about a buyer from eBay claiming to be ripped off not receiving an item while the auction listing clearly stated they would get a picture of it instead. JJ had to side with the seller on that one but not until after they got an earful
Ive heard this before.
Another thing to look out for is on Wish.
I have never bought from them but ive heard the shady stories.
Like the guy who found an e-bike on Wish for like $30.
The add described the bike in detail.
What he got was an electric bicycle horn.
Small print said this price was for the HORN. :)
Wish deals in mainly fakes of well known brands, I have bought some stuff but only small, cheap items. Another one is AliExpress, again mainly fakes but some stuff is genuine factory seconds, there are deals to be had but you have to have your wits about you.
Ive never used either of those but I do use Temu to buy $3 baseball hats. I go through them like crazy and I was sick of spending $20+.
They are decent quality...and our goats like them....hence why I go through them fast. :)
I know about the risk of dealing with these Chinese companies but I have nothing to take advantage of on my phone.