Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:43 am
arturo7 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:11 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:06 pm

Well, if you trust the Washington Post;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/me ... etro-cuts/
Thank you.

Unfortunately, it's behind a pay wall. It would be an interesting read.
If you have an iphone and use ‘reader view’ it gets rid of the paywall on everything.
Really? How do it do that? Where do it find it? I won't use it often but I will find it helpful.

Everything?!?

Please explain. I hate the paywall. It keeps from things I want to read.

I am well aware of who is asking to get behind the paywall but I always get stymied by them when I am trying to read newspapers and journals and magazines that I don't subscribe to. I don't want to subscribe to them.

Yes, I the irony in that last paragraph, too.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:13 pm
arturo7 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:11 pm

Thank you.

Unfortunately, it's behind a pay wall. It would be an interesting read.
If you have an iphone and use ‘reader view’ it gets rid of the paywall on everything.
Really? How do it do that? Where do it find it? I won't use it often but I will find it helpful.

Everything?!?

I am well aware of who is asking to get behind the paywall but I always get stymied by them when I am trying to read newspapers and journals and magazines that I don't subscribe to. I don't want to subscribe to them.

If you are viewing on an iPhone, go to the page where the article is behind a paywall. Click the double A circled in yellow. Then click show reader, circled in purple. Same thing to turn it off.

It always gets passed the paywall for me. Because it’s like an ad. And theres no ads in reader view. Works on the websites with a lot of ads as well.

Ronv69
Founding Member

For Android the Beast browser gets by most of them.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

rekamepip wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:10 pm Walmart great value BBQ chips are divvied up for this week’s lunch box

And great value trail mix divvied up for pre-lunch snacks
You never hear the term divvied up anymore thrown around loosely.. lol
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:58 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:13 pm

Everything?!?

If you are viewing on an iPhone, go to the page where the article is behind a paywall. Click the double A circled in yellow. Then click show reader, circled in purple. Same thing to turn it off.

It always gets passed the paywall for me. Because it’s like an ad. And theres no ads in reader view. Works on the websites with a lot of ads as well.

I see, said the blind man. I always wondered what that meant. Thanks, Abe. I'll try it tomorrow. You're a real pal. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.