Softee Bits

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:39 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:28 pm
Tsal wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:40 pm
I never smoke tipped cigars so I wouldn't know. I always enjoy the mouth bite of cigars.
It is incredibly difficult for me to clench a cigar and not have massive amounts of smoke go up my nose. It just ruins my day.
You should smoke longer cigars.
Yes but it will get shorter regardless
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:21 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:39 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:28 pm

It is incredibly difficult for me to clench a cigar and not have massive amounts of smoke go up my nose. It just ruins my day.
You should smoke longer cigars.
Yes but it will get shorter regardless
I see your point, but you shouldn't clench it then. Clenching is for the beginning of a Churchill. When you get closer to the butt end, use a toothpick, hobo-style. You cannot clench a cigar speared by a toothpick.

Extra points if it is a pick from a club sandwich, with the frills on the end. Go all high hat.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ric03

I started using them on my cobs to protect the cheap stems, took a few days but got used to them and now prefer them.
montag

I used to use them all the time. I haven’t used one on a new pipe for years. I keep them on a few of my older pipes mostly out of habit. One reason I don’t use them as much now is I know what buttons work best for me; some of my older pipes have so-so button work (including a favorite Ashton made by Bill).
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

montag wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:48 pm I know what buttons work best for me; some of my older pipes have so-so button work
I am gobsmacked that this topic does not already have its own thread. GOBSMACKED!!. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It could be called Show Us Your Buttons.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

Citizen B wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:56 pm
montag wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:48 pm I know what buttons work best for me; some of my older pipes have so-so button work
I am gobsmacked that this topic does not already have its own thread. GOBSMACKED!!. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I for one am glad there is not a Show Us Your Buttons thread. I suspect we'd get at least one post of a member's bellybutton that would make us want to gouge our eyes out with a Czech tool. :barf: :barf: :barf:
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

montag wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:15 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:56 pm

I for one am glad there is not a Show Us Your Buttons thread. I suspect we'd get at least one post of a member's bellybutton that would make us want to gouge our eyes out with a Czech tool. :barf: :barf: :barf:
Don’t give @Kevin Keith any ideas