Finger rings.

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Lol!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:17 am
Plinsc wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:15 am My BIL has Jersey cows.
Go eff yourself. :lol:
:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:11 am
Tsal wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:54 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:06 am
I always leave the cashier with a “go eff yourself” after they hit me with “have a good day!”
That's perfectly acceptable behavior here in Jersey.
Northeast Jersey, 1965 - 1970
You have a solid foundation.
The Troll Whisperer
Presby John-Dave

This thread has been a hoot! Yankees...

@Citizen B I greatly enjoyed the story. I want to say you have short, snappy prose, but that's not precisely what I mean. An economy of words, perhaps. Keeps the story moving at the right pace and allows me to concoct the whole ordeal in my mind's eye.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Presby John-Dave wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:14 pm This thread has been a hoot! Yankees...

@Citizen B I greatly enjoyed the story. I want to say you have short, snappy prose, but that's not precisely what I mean. An economy of words, perhaps. Keeps the story moving at the right pace and allows me to concoct the whole ordeal in my mind's eye.
You should subscribe to his email news letter.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:40 pm
Do you? I have little idea who subscribes. I just like to have an audience.

I may as well provide a link since you gave me the segue. Paid subscriptions are better than free. https://whaleheadking.substack.com

I would be curious to know if anyone here subscribes, more out of idle market research than anything else. Happiness loves company. If I know people here are reading it, I will include more tobacciana. I write to several different audiences at once, which is why the narrative is often so elliptical.

A tip of my fez in your direction, Tsal. I am wearing my red one tonight. The one with the apple stem.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:53 pm

I may as well provide a link since you gave me the segue. Paid subscriptions are better than free. https://whaleheadking.substack.com

I would be curious to know if anyone here subscribes, more out of idle market research than anything else. Happiness loves company. If I know people here are reading it, I will include more tobacciana. I write to several different audiences at once, which is why the narrative is often so elliptical.

A tip of my fez in your direction, Tsal. I am wearing my red one tonight. The one with the apple stem.
Maybe.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:16 pm

Maybe.
'Natch.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Presby John-Dave

Done. However, I'm a cheapskate out of necessity at this stage of life, so I'll casually consume the free articles in the manner of hoi polloi eating samples in Costco.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Presby John-Dave wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:29 pm

Done. However, I'm a cheapskate out of necessity at this stage of life, so I'll casually consume the free articles in the manner of hoi polloi eating samples in Costco.
The Costco grazers. Unique folks.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin