Finger rings.

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:20 am
Plinsc wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:05 pm Haha! I spent 55 years living up north, I always exchanged pleasantries with strangers. A lot just looked at me and didn’t say a word back! Lol
When I came south I really enjoyed short nice conversations with people. I can stand next to a gas pump and talk with someone for 10 minutes.
I've lived in the north and east for most of my life, and even here in "Friendly" New England, most people (in my experience) are perfectly fine with pleasantries. Don't expect a conversation, and you've got to have an instinct for the proper venue, but they'll give you a nod.
I was in the rust belt, everyone was laid off and grumpy
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Jlando19 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:54 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:08 am
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:45 am Having read the last few posts, I have to say that in my experience with this forum, most of us are men of courtesy who would likely be willing enough to exchange pleasantries with anyone. That doesn't mean we'd all be the best of friends, but I suspect we'd all be able to get along.

But of course, I could be wrong. 😁
What the hell is a pleasantries? :lol:
Lol. I think this is why when I first joined here I took a liking to you and said something along the lines of you seemed like the type of guy I’d bump into at a bar and have a conversation with. I love the gruff types and I love how uncomfortable it makes most of them that I insist on talking to them. I think a lot of us are pretty blue collar type of folk. The working man has a lot more to worry about in life than small talk with a stranger.

I’m a big proponent for men’s mental health especially in our age group (I’m 41 and I know some of you guys have a fey years on me) we weren’t raised to talk about our feelings. The second I get a stranger to open up to me my next question is usually. “How you holding up? Or Are you doing okay?”

I really care about people in my core.
No doubt we would get along, you're a Goodfella!. As far as the gruff thing goes, I'm from north New Jeresy...lol
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I cannot find the 'Post a Photo of You Smoking a Pipe' thread, which is fine because I rarely smoke a pipe where people can take a photo of me. I smoke my pipe on the down low. No one is ever surprised that I smoke a pipe even though they never see me do it. Like Gray Poupon, 'But, of course."

That said, I did enjoy a cigar in my back garden with my friend today. It was our first time smoking cigars together. It was nice. He came to talk to Mrs. King, who is the better half of this operation, as I always say. He and I are going to go to the Bayou Beer Garden soon to smoke cigars together. That will be nice.

I just corresponded with someone here on the forum. He and I know who we are, the way you and I do. I was culling photos from my folders when I came across this one:

That was last Thursday. No pipe but plenty of finger rings on display. That is why I am posting it here, in this thread. I need another ring. This photo of WK goes out to KK. Happiness loves company.

Then I found this photo that I took in the men's room of a dive bar. Do you think that is a shot of whiskey someone forgot or is it a shot of urine left for a prank?

I let it alone for someone else to discover what it is. I wasn't thirsty. It sat for a long time and didn't have any takers for the whole time I was in this dive. I was in the restroom more than once. Maybe someone downed it at 3:00AM. I was in dreamland by then.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:10 pm I cannot find the 'Post a Photo of You Smoking a Pipe' thread, which is fine because I rarely smoke a pipe where people can take a photo of me. I smoke my pipe on the down low. No one is ever surprised that I smoke a pipe even though they never see me do it. Like Gray Poupon, 'But, of course."

That said, I did enjoy a cigar in my back garden with my friend today. It was our first time smoking cigars together. It was nice. He came to talk to Mrs. King, who is the better half of this operation, as I always say. He and I are going to go to the Bayou Beer Garden soon to smoke cigars together. That will be nice.

I just corresponded with someone here on the forum. He and I know who we are, the way you and I do. I was culling photos from my folders when I came across this one:

That was last Thursday. No pipe but plenty of finger rings on display. That is why I am posting it here, in this thread. I need another ring. This photo of WK goes out to KK. Happiness loves company.

Then I found this photo that I took in the men's room of a dive bar. Do you think that is a shot of whiskey someone forgot or is it a shot of urine left for a prank?

I let it alone for someone else to discover what it is. I wasn't thirsty. It sat for a long time and didn't have any takers for the whole time I was in this dive. I was in the restroom more than once. Maybe someone downed it at 3:00AM. I was in dreamland by then.
The wall behind the mystery shot is very tiki-esque
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:09 pm

The wall behind the mystery shot is very tiki-esque
It is not a tiki bar but it does have a tiki theme. The name of the place is Aunt Tiki's. It is next door to an antique shop.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tsal wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:30 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 am
Tsal wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:08 am

What the hell is a pleasantries? :lol:
Its like when you are at the cash register and they ask how your days going. Rare stuff up north ;)
Yeah, there is none of that here. :lol:
I always leave the cashier with a “go eff yourself” after they hit me with “have a good day!”
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:06 am
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:11 am

Its like when you are at the cash register and they ask how your days going. Rare stuff up north ;)
I always leave the cashier with a “go eff yourself” after they hit me with “have a good day!”
That's perfectly acceptable behavior here in Jersey.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Tsal wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:54 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:06 am
That's perfectly acceptable behavior here in Jersey.
Northeast Jersey, 1965 - 1970
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

My BIL has Jersey cows.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Plinsc wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:15 am My BIL has Jersey cows.
Go eff yourself. :lol:
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!