Finger rings.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Apropos of the above, I said to someone today that I am pretty much done with work for the day.

"At 11:00AM?"

K: "What can I say. I live the life of a galley slave."

I do tend to wake up early.

I do have more things to do but the day's main work was done around noon. I am enjoying the phrase because it is so ludicrous. Only a galley slave lives the life of a galley slave. When was the last time there were galley slaves?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:10 pm Apropos of the above, I said to someone today that I am pretty much done with work for the day.

"At 11:00AM?"

K: "What can I say. I live the life of a galley slave."

I do tend to wake up early.

I do have more things to do but the day's main work was done around noon. I am enjoying the phrase because it is so ludicrous. Only a galley slave lives the life of a galley slave. When was the last time there were galley slaves?
I thought you were all Galley Slaves in the Navy?
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I was talking with a woman wearing a disarmingly charming lavender wig. She is even more ravishing with lavender hair than she is with regular hair. I was talking to her, when, I stopped in mid-sentence. "Is that a glass ring?" I asked.

"Yes, it is," she said, "I got it in Venice at a glassblower's shop. He had a whole bowl full of them. He said they are easy to make."

I tried it on. It fit my pinkie finger. I don't have room.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Don't you ever hang around with dudes or are you strictly a ladies man? :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:30 pm Don't you ever hang around with dudes or are you strictly a ladies man? :lol:
I only have one male friend. Mrs. King has the patience of a saint. I savor the company of women.

I saw Vince today. We sit and talk man talk for a couple of hours, on-and-off, over the course of a week. Otherwise, I marinate in the company of women. Men are mostly invisible to me.

When women sit between Vince and I it is like they are watching pingpong, their heads move back and forth between our banter.

Otherwise, no. I will talk to whoever is sitting next to me but I prefer the company of women. Yin and Yang.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

:lol:
The Troll Whisperer