Finger rings.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I wonder what the ring gauges are of a Costco hot dog versus a Sam's Club hot dog. I am thinking they have to be 48g at minimum, probably a tidge thicker than a Churchill.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I have a Rosary ring and two other rings that I wear [ one at a time mind you ] to work because I dont like wearing my wedding ring at work

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

A Costco hot dog is a 50g. I tested it today. I have a finger ring measurer that is good for American finger ring sizes, International finger ring sizes, and cigar ring gauge sizes. I ordered a hot dog from the kiosk at Costco today and I measured it before I smothered it with condiments. 50g.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

No jewelry for me. I had to stop wearing rings years ago when I had to wear gloves at work. Even though those days are over, I never went back to wearing jewelry.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

montag wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:13 pm No jewelry for me. I had to stop wearing rings years ago when I had to wear gloves at work. Even though those days are over, I never went back to wearing jewelry.
Do you live in Vermont?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

Citizen B wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:51 pm
montag wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:13 pm No jewelry for me. I had to stop wearing rings years ago when I had to wear gloves at work. Even though those days are over, I never went back to wearing jewelry.
Do you live in Vermont?
Nope. Gulf Coast.

I worked in a laboratory. I thought myself a Dr. Honeydew but I probably looked more like Beaker most days.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I have such old man hands despite my adolescent girl taste in hand accessories.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:22 pm And to think, just based on looks alone, a lot of us here on this forum would probably never even speak to one another in the same room.
I am giving this observation a bump without comment.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:22 pm And to think, just based on looks alone, a lot of us here on this forum would probably never even speak to one another in the same room.
I am giving this observation a bump without comment.
I will say this comment holds true. There is so many people from so many different backrounds that we may never interact with. This is something I really get to appreciate in what I do.

To be able to work with people hand-in-hand from all over the country and world allows you to learn so much. There is no reason to pre-judge people.

Everyone has a story to tell. And those stories are always entertaining and enlightening. From the poor farm-boy from Alabama, to the Village Prince of a small town in Africa.

Learn and listen to everyone you can. Conversation these days is waiting for your oppurntunity to talk about yourself. Why not just sit back and listen.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

You know how I spend my time.

I spend it chitchatting with whoever sits next to me. I talk to all sorts of people about all sorts of things.

That said, I like my milieu. If you sat next to me, we would talk, at least to exchange pleasantries, and, since I am trying to make my day interesting, if I find you interesting, I will engage you. If I am engaged, I pay very close attention to what I am being told and, as Leather Tuscadero likes to say, I speak in isms.

I am often deep in my thoughts and I am not here to entertain anyone. I will talk about anything if I have nothing else to do. I am a student of the human condition and this is how we learn, by talking with each other, give-and-take.

I dislike parties where I don't know anyone and I dislike crowds. I am much better one-on-one. I enjoyed those zoom meetings we had. What a collection of ugly mugs.

Talking is important but so is listening. Take it from someone who has the burble of background conversation in his ear all day long as he tries to read the Wall Street Journal.

I live the life of a galley slave.

This picture is old. Where are the feathers? Where are the rhinestones? I haven't sat there in at least three years. I am told it has gone downhill between then and now. Just as well. There was nobody worth talking to.

The photo is included for the finger rings featured, not the eyeglasses.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.