What is the worst cigarthatyou've smoked this year?

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:36 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:52 pm
mrpipster wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:26 pm Are those sweetened?
No. Flor de Oliva is mild to the point of flavored air.
These werent . They were medium and ended and dog s*** :D
I ordered a couple of bundles of these based on the blurb in the CI catalog. Don't believe anything you read. I smoked them all but I didn't like them. They taste like regret.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

I haven't smoked a cigar this year.
God and Texas!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I only smoke inexpensive cigars
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:57 pm I only smoke inexpensive cigars
A leopard doesn't change his spots.

I prefer inexpensive cigars over premium. A good machine made lasts as long as a similarly sized handmade. I am including all Lieiberman machine-mades this comparison, à lá Finck, not just Swisher Sweets blunts from the gas station.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:06 pm

I prefer inexpensive cigars over premium. A good machine made lasts as long as a similarly sized handmade. I am including all Lieiberman machine-mades this comparison, à lá Finck, not just Swisher Sweets blunts from the gas station.
Have you smoked any of the cigars they roll in the French Market? I watched them roll them, but the line was too long to buy one on a Saturday.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

There is a certain Macanudo that I like, but too expensive. I have a box of La Aurora Principes 55 Palma Chocolate cigars that will last me for the rest of my life if they stay good. Are they safe in the plastic wrappers, or should I do something else with them. Humidity in the house stays around 50% for the most part.
God and Texas!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:19 am There is a certain Macanudo that I like, but too expensive. I have a box of La Aurora Principes 55 Palma Chocolate cigars that will last me for the rest of my life if they stay good. Are they safe in the plastic wrappers, or should I do something else with them. Humidity in the house stays around 50% for the most part.
Best option is a 9.6 cup Brilliance Rubbermade tupperware. Toss in a boveda and Bobs your Uncle. They will dry out other wise. But i’ve also heard a sandwich bag with boveda works. Either way, put it in something sealed with a boveda pouch. Your local B&M should have them for a few dollars.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:14 am

Have you smoked any of the cigars they roll in the French Market? I watched them roll them, but the line was too long to buy one on a Saturday.
I buy them out of the box humidor at my corner grocer. I do not do it often, only if I am short stocked. They are fine, flavor-wise, but they are mostly a novelty item.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:15 pm

I buy them out of the box humidor at my corner grocer. I do not do it often, only if I am short stocked. They are fine, flavor-wise, but they are mostly a novelty item.
Why a novelty item? I mean if they are good then who cares.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:02 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:15 pm

Why a novelty item? I mean if they are good then who cares.
They are overpriced because they are made by hand down the street and you can watch them make it. I do not mind the cigar, I mind the price tag because is is made down the street. I don't think I should be paying a premium for a neighborhood cigar.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.