Prized Pipes

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Plinsc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:14 pm I like the newer offerings, I smoke the Diamondback quite a bit. The CG is my workhorse though. All my others with a couple exceptions, I inherited. They were dads and grandads.
Nothing worth money but I enjoy smoking them.
I'm sorry, but, I am not following you. What is a Diamondback and what is a CG?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

still have the first pipe I bought at the JR off I-95 in beautiful Selma, NC. A Washington cob from MM. actually still have the now jarred tin of OGS that I bought to smoke in it. this was late 2015 so still a bit of a greenhorn and have bought and sold several pipes since. took a long break from 2018 to last year so don't really have high milage on much of any pipes yet. should revisit this every so often
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I have a few museum grade pipes floating around my bank box, Danes. I'll just leave it at that.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Here at home I have a ton of sentimental pipes which I smoke regularly. These were given to me by my pipe smoking pals.
The Troll Whisperer
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:06 pm
mrpipster wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:03 pm I dont have one. I smoke cobs and the occasional briar.
How do you like the prices of MM's new pipes? I think I am about to swear off cobs. They are moving in a direction different from my tastes.
Ya know I havent had to buy a new one for a while. I'll let ya know next time I buy one.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
rekamepip
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:34 pm The most prized pipe I have is a 1923 Pete I got from @rekamepip. (Where ya been, sir?) Id never take that pipe anywhere. But all the rest of my pipes are pretty pedestrian.

Yes that pipe is great
Looks good, smokes good and surprisingly still survives after all these years

multiplied awesomeness due to fact that it found the right person to enjoy it !
:buddy:
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:20 pm
Plinsc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:14 pm I like the newer offerings, I smoke the Diamondback quite a bit. The CG is my workhorse though. All my others with a couple exceptions, I inherited. They were dads and grandads.
Cob pipes
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:20 pm
Paneled Cob and a Country Gentleman

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

rekamepip wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:42 am
MikeDennison wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:34 pm The most prized pipe I have is a 1923 Pete I got from @rekamepip. (Where ya been, sir?) Id never take that pipe anywhere. But all the rest of my pipes are pretty pedestrian.

Yes that pipe is great
Looks good, smokes good and surprisingly still survives after all these years

multiplied awesomeness due to fact that it found the right person to enjoy it !
:buddy:
There ya are! Been missin ya round these parts!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
HSigurdsson

This will sound corny but the only "prized" pipes are the ones given to me by a member of the old sight.
Trucker Chuck was well into his 80s and was slowing down his smoking and wanted to thin his herd.
He gave me a bunch of advice and sent a care package.
Five Peterson System pipes, Charatans Make DC, Celius Root Pawn, and a 1936 Peterson Billiard. Im pretty sure there were a few others but cannot think of them now......not very prized I guess. :)
But the 1936 Pete, the Charatan and the Celius are my favorite and most used pipes.
Im not even going to say how much ive paid for a pipe because that guy is gone. Ive changed my ways.
But none of the very high grade pipes I own are even smoked often. Not because of the price, but because they aren't that great.