PSF Secret Santa 2023

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

🎄 Get in Losers, it’s Secret Santa time 🎄

I don’t think we’ve ever done one of these here, so I am starting one. We all know it’s basically Christmas. If you’ve never done something like this, heres the run down:

Everyone who joins in will get to be a Santa and everyone will get a gift from a Santa. Obviously in secret. And no, it doesn’t have to be pipe related. A lot of us know each other pretty well so we may know of other things of interest to each other.

I will be leading this event so I will still be a Santa. And I guess one of you bastids with my address can shoot something my way if you feel like it. This isn’t about the gifts, moreso the friendship of the forum. We aren’t a large group but we get along just fine.

Some ground rules:

1. Minimum 75 Post Count or a good contributer to the Forum.

2. You must agree to send 2 tins (or equivalent) to the person you are matched with. This can either be from your cellar or directly from your favorite online dealer.

3. Gifts must be sent out to make sure they make it by Christmas time.

4. Comment “I’m in” and your likes/dislikes, what you’d like to try (not specific. More like, I want to try some oriental forward English, or I like nicotine). We also have this thread for referance: viewtopic.php?t=3445&hilit=Dislikes

Feel free to send as much or as little as you can, times are tough but I hope this brings a little joy to everyone.

We have some international members so if we get more than 1 member from across the pond to play then you guys will be in to! Although it won’t be secret 🤣

If you are willing to ship international or order from a vendor that is in the chosen members country please comment that in the thread as well.

Once you recieve your package, please rip it open and post some pictures! No self-respecting pipe smoker can sit on an unopened gift till Christmas. When everyone gets their gift, we’ll start guessing.

If I need your address, i’ll let you know, but if you were in The Phantom Box Pass 2, I have your address.

Lets try and get at least 10 people in.

Oh, and no one is going to be upset if you send them what they smoke everyday. We are creatures of habit.

I am starting this early to beat the post office rush. Lets have some fun! 🎄
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thank you for arranging this but I am not going to participate.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

How many grams in bulk are you thinking?
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Richard Hanson

Hi Abe,

Count me in.

I have been smoking mostly burley tobaccos and that would be fine, but I would like to try a non-aromatic black cavendish. Everything is still very new to me.

I will ship anywhere, I just need an address, admittedly ... Mrs. Hanson will probably end up doing the shipping.

Warmest regards,
Richard
Living the lesepfeife life.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:32 pm Thank you for arranging this but I am not going to participate.
Don’t be a grinch. We need the Rhinestone Dandy to bring some joy this holiday season
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

mrpipster wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:49 pm How many grams in bulk are you thinking?
Use your best judgement 🎅
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Richard Hanson wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:53 pm Hi Abe,

Count me in.

I have been smoking mostly burley tobaccos and that would be fine, but I would like to try a non-aromatic black cavendish. Everything is still very new to me.

I will ship anywhere, I just need an address, admittedly ... Mrs. Hanson will probably end up doing the shipping.

Warmest regards,
Richard
Happy to have you on board Richard! 🎄
Presby John-Dave

When are y'all thinking of kicking this off?
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Presby John-Dave wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:59 am When are y'all thinking of kicking this off?
Hoping to get at least 10 participants. Probably leave it open for a little after that. Then i’ll randomly pair everyone and as long as the package gets there before Christmas you can send it at your discretion.
Silver
Certified Codger

Sounds like fun! Count me in!