Software Update 30Oct2023

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I just conducted a long overdue software update. As always, let me know if you run into any unexpected behavior, or if something about the form or function of the site seems wonky to you.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I had this for about 10 minutes. Wild stuff

sisyphus
Person of Interest

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:54 am I had this for about 10 minutes. Wild stuff

yeah so we have two custom site themes here at PSF. For software updates I have to disable both and set the site software's built in theming as default, and then switch it back to ours once the update is complete. So for a few minutes if you land on the site it'll look like a fresh, unformatted install of our site software until I turn everything back on.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

sisyphus wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:07 am
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:54 am I had this for about 10 minutes. Wild stuff

yeah so we have two custom site themes here at PSF. For software updates I have to disable both and set the site software's built in theming as default, and then switch it back to ours once the update is complete. So for a few minutes if you land on the site it'll look like a fresh, unformatted install of our site software until I turn everything back on.
Very cool peek behind the scenes 8-)
ric03

Me too, just assumed I'd pressed something I shouldn't have 👨‍🦯
Ronv69
Founding Member

sisyphus wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:39 am I just conducted a long overdue software update. As always, let me know if you run into any unexpected behavior, or if something about the form or function of the site seems wonky to you.
We appreciate all the hard work.
God and Texas!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:50 am
sisyphus wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:39 am I just conducted a long overdue software update. As always, let me know if you run into any unexpected behavior, or if something about the form or function of the site seems wonky to you.
We appreciate all the hard work.
Same. A lot of good friends here. Almost 1000 members have joined. But the core group is solid!
Middle Earth

Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I can’t tag members. When I type in a @ the names don’t come up and they don’t tag when I spell them out also.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im so glad that someone knows what theyre doing .... thanks man :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.