Selling off pipes .... hmmm ?

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:27 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:20 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Did a drill press survive? Get a cheap 6" wheel and arbor set from Amazon for the press. Works fine just takes a little getting used to with the wheel horizontal instead of vertical
Man , nothing survived . I mean nothing .

Thats not a bad idea because a drill press has belts for multiple speeds . Hell , Id lay it on its side and build a box around it and a " shelf " to stabilize it . Do they have cotton and flannel buffing wheels ?
Yessir they do. I think it was like $16 for 3 wheels and an arbor
Cool . I think thats easier than getting the motor , which is hard to find a slow one that isnt expensive , and go that route . :thumbs: :bow:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:20 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:23 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:36 am

That makes sense . Sometimes tastes change etc ... nothing wrong with bending with the times . I need to figure making a buffer because replacing mine would cost 800 dollars now and thats too steep , so Im gonna rig something to clean up what I have . I figure Ill get a little more if theyre looking as good as they can
Did a drill press survive? Get a cheap 6" wheel and arbor set from Amazon for the press. Works fine just takes a little getting used to with the wheel horizontal instead of vertical
Man , nothing survived . I mean nothing .

Thats not a bad idea because a drill press has belts for multiple speeds . Hell , Id lay it on its side and build a box around it and a " shelf " to stabilize it . Do they have cotton and flannel buffing wheels ?
I think I grabbed arbors from Lowes back in the day, but my first set of buffing wheels came from PIMO/Vermont Freehand- probably for a wee bit more. https://vermontfreehand.com/product/6-buffing-wheels/
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?