Writing Utensils.

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:25 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:48 pm If you're in the market for a very reasonably priced pen that's actually good quality, try the Amazon Basics fountain pen. Writes on the first stroke every time.
My pants of choice are Amazon Basics black chinos. I have no complaints. I never thought they would have a fountain pen.

Thank you.

Truth be told, I am getting disgruntled with this Pilot Pen that @GatorGirl recommended. The cap isn't tight. That is my main complaint.

The nice thing about a Lamy is that it has a rubber gasket to keep the cap on tight. The Pilot does not. I would try an Amazon Basics fountain pen. I am sure the price will be right.
A rubber gasket is a good idea. The Amazon pen doesn't have one, yet it closes tightly with a satisfying "snnnick".
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
ncrobb
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:48 am
Citizen B wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:25 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:48 pm If you're in the market for a very reasonably priced pen that's actually good quality, try the Amazon Basics fountain pen. Writes on the first stroke every time.
My pants of choice are Amazon Basics black chinos. I have no complaints. I never thought they would have a fountain pen.

Thank you.

Truth be told, I am getting disgruntled with this Pilot Pen that @GatorGirl recommended. The cap isn't tight. That is my main complaint.

The nice thing about a Lamy is that it has a rubber gasket to keep the cap on tight. The Pilot does not. I would try an Amazon Basics fountain pen. I am sure the price will be right.
A rubber gasket is a good idea. The Amazon pen doesn't have one, yet it closes tightly with a satisfying "snnnick".
I much prefer a snap cap as opposed to a screw on.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Pilot makes good disposable fountain pens if you have to look classy in public.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:26 am Pilot makes good disposable fountain pens if you have to look classy in public.
That's the one I am complaining about. It looks really nice, so nice that my friend fell in love with mine, so I bought her one of her own. This was before my cap started flying off.

I must have the wrong model. It was on sale. I got a free pump converter in the deal.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:21 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:26 am Pilot makes good disposable fountain pens if you have to look classy in public.
That's the one I am complaining about. It looks really nice, so nice that my friend fell in love with mine, so I bought her one of her own. This was before my cap started flying off.

I must have the wrong model. It was on sale. I got a free pump converter in the deal.
You complain about the most trivial things.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:36 pm

If not for those, I would have nothing to complain about.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:39 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:36 pm

If not for those, I would have nothing to complain about.
Write wth the cap off then.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

My new disposable Pilot fountain pen writes good, apart from the scratchiness from the nib it writes just like my gel G-2. No issues with the cap.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:57 am My new disposable Pilot fountain pen writes good, apart from the scratchiness from the nib it writes just like my gel G-2. No issues with the cap.
You are not the man of physical action that I am. Just this morning, I pulled my pen out of my pocket and it was missing its cap. K: "This frickin' pen," as I fished in my pocket through loose change and bullet casings to find the stray cap.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:42 pm K: "This frickin' pen,"
And the Yankee seeps to the surface, resisting all attempts of the Southern atmosphere to eradicate it's salty nature.😆
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-