Match blends fron P&C

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Curious if anyone has smoked these. Most interested in the CH and PA match blends. Are they close to the originals?
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

The Mid-Town Series blends are very good blends in their own right. Now as matches are you just looking for a blend in the same vein as the original or do you want it to taste like the original?

Now just my opinion, Chatham Manor is way better than current Carter Hall.

And Sweet Cask is the best you can get for a close Sugar Barrel. It doesnt taste like Sugar Barrel as much, although I can taste it, but it is my favorite Mid-Town blend.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:02 pm The Mid-Town Series blends are very good blends in their own right. Now as matches are you just looking for a blend in the same vein as the original or do you want it to taste like the original?

Now just my opinion, Chatham Manor is way better than current Carter Hall.

And Sweet Cask is the best you can get for a close Sugar Barrel. It doesnt taste like Sugar Barrel as much, although I can taste it, but it is my favorite Mid-Town blend.
Don't have to be an exact match but close would be good.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Prince Andrew is supposed to be the match for Prince Albert. It's ok, but I personally find Andrew a bit bitey. And it's not really a match.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I wish they wouldnt make " match " blends to blends that are still in production .... its the wrong direction , imho . But really , there are so few match blends that are even close . Most are way way off

I think of all of them , Sutliffs Ready Rub match is kinda close . But even then , I domt smoke it often because Sutliffs Ace of Spades [ RL PR blend ] is so damn good
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:11 am I wish they wouldnt make " match " blends to blends that are still in production .... its the wrong direction , imho . But really , there are so few match blends that are even close . Most are way way off

I think of all of them , Sutliffs Ready Rub match is kinda close . But even then , I domt smoke it often because Sutliffs Ace of Spades [ RL PR blend ] is so damn good
Grab a can of LJ Peretti’s BPC :)
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:21 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:11 am I wish they wouldnt make " match " blends to blends that are still in production .... its the wrong direction , imho . But really , there are so few match blends that are even close . Most are way way off

What is BPC .... Bisexual prudent cohorts ?
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I don't care if it is a perfect match or a factory reject. Close enough is good enough for me in horseshoes, hand grenades, and match blends.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:34 pm

Burley Plug Cut. Their Edgeworth Match you tried
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:02 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:34 pm

Burley Plug Cut. Their Edgeworth Match you tried
Ah ! That was a damn good blend .... still had a touch of floral or whatever that is , which is unfortunate for some people , but it was a very good blend none the less . If the floral would have diminished , I think it would have been stellar but it doesnt ... kinda like the floral in no name , it doesn't diminish as it does in some G&H stuff