Tea Time

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

All they have on this cruise is Bigelow. It’s pretty flavorless and not that good and lacking flavor. I use 2 bags in a 6oz cup. The Earl Grey is the best but nothing good. I wish they had constant comment. I don’t know who drinks this stuff. But I probably have about 4-6 cups a day.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
montag

Constant comment is nice. I keep a box of it around at all times along.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:44 pm All they have on this cruise is Bigelow. It’s pretty flavorless and not that good and lacking flavor. I use 2 bags in a 6oz cup. The Earl Grey is the best but nothing good. I wish they had constant comment. I don’t know who drinks this stuff. But I probably have about 4-6 cups a day.
Now you know to pack a tea selection for your next cruise.
The Troll Whisperer
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Grab a box of TyPhoo on your return and let me know what you think.

My favorite bag tea . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
ric03

Got this off the Bay the other day, only a couple of pounds. Mainly about Chinese tea, but that's okay as I want to learn more about green, white tea etc. It's also fairly old, so no silly modern teas in it :lol:

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

ric03 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:27 am Got this off the Bay the other day, only a couple of pounds. Mainly about Chinese tea, but that's okay as I want to learn more about green, white tea etc. It's also fairly old, so no silly modern teas in it :lol:

[img][/img
That's pretty cool, Ric. I remember years ago having a Chinese (?) cuppa someplace where the blob of tea unfolded in my cup like a flower blossom. It was pretty cool, too.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
ric03

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:30 am
ric03 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:27 am Got this off the Bay the other day, only a couple of pounds. Mainly about Chinese tea, but that's okay as I want to learn more about green, white tea etc. It's also fairly old, so no silly modern teas in it :lol:

[img][/img
That's pretty cool, Ric. I remember years ago having a Chinese (?) cuppa someplace where the blob of tea unfolded in my cup like a flower blossom. It was pretty cool, too.
I've never had one out, just at home. I'm not sure what you had, I've only tried green tea in bags really, but do find it very refreshing.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

montag wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:16 pm Constant comment is nice. I keep a box of it around at all times along.
It is from Connecticut. It's my favorite.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

The reasons for my current Steed and Peel fascination need not concern you. I did come across this, however:

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

100 ozs of black tea a day has turned my tongue brown. So with some googling I found out that adding some milk or cream gets rid of the tannins/oils that stains your tongue. Or steeping the bags less. So I started doing a splash of half n half and it is almost dessert like. Good stuff. No sugar for me since I just started Keto again but I can see the appeal.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations