Tea Time

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Myself @ric03 and @montag have been discussing Tea in the Breakfast thread. But I think this deserves it’s own. I’ll repost my picture of my current stash.

Really enjoying Black Tea, kinda getting used to the caffiene. I really enjoy Irish Breakfast the best.

Just tried Rooibos, it taste like Chewing Tobacco. Not even kidding. It was like I was drinking Red Man. And I love Chewing Tobacco. But I don’t wanna drink it. Adding some milk will probably help.

Camomille? How interesting. It taste like what I imagine Dandelions would.

This journey is pretty fun so far. The last thing I need is a cellar full of tea. But i’ll get into whole leaf soon I imagine

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

@Piping Abe if you're enjoying the twining Irish breakfast tea, get you a box of PG Tips to try.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:46 pm @Piping Abe if you're enjoying the twining Irish breakfast tea, get you a box of PG Tips to try.
I was tempted today when I saw it. But 40 bags is a big commitment. And I wanted to grab a few different to try.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:51 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:46 pm @Piping Abe if you're enjoying the twining Irish breakfast tea, get you a box of PG Tips to try.
I was tempted today when I saw it. But 40 bags is a big commitment. And I wanted to grab a few different to try.
I need to get off my ass and send you that clay pipe (I haven't forgotten) so I'll toss a few PG Tips in the box for extra padding too
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:54 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:51 pm
I need to get off my ass and send you that clay pipe (I haven't forgotten) so I'll toss a few PG Tips in the box for extra padding too
That would be killer :thumbs:
rekamepip
Codger in Training

The Constant Comment is good stuff
I drink it cold brewed like iced tea
(without the ice but cold )

Uncle Lee’s green tea is good too you might give that a shot

I don’t much care for hot tea - I figure if I’m drinking hot it might as well be coffee
ric03

Dont really drink OTC tea so to speak, id rather just drink coffee. Like good Assam tea, which is proper builders tea, in black. Not a fan of Ceylon as it tastes like pot porrie [sic] Theres a loose one called Russian Caravan which is strong and tastes lovely and smokey. I'm not keen on Earl Grey, but like Lady Grey in summer, as its nice and zesty. My favourite other tea is Pukka Matcha Supreme, which is mainly green tea with a bit of matcha and is strong and refreshing in a morning. Two cups of that and I feel like Chuck Norris 💪😎
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

The Constant Comment Black Tea by Bigelow smells amazing. Great Tea, clove and citrus smell. But it doesnt translate to the taste. I blame that on the decaf process. At least thats what I read.

Twinings brand seem to really bring flavors out so I sort of seek them out.

The Celestial Herbal Teas are very good but they can be kinda weak.

I’m excited to try a real Chai Tea because the Herbal Bengal Spice is really good. I saw Twinings makes an extra spicy Chai. That’ll be in the cart soon.
Silver
Certified Codger

Black tea only here. A few varieties of, Twinings, PG Tips, Bewlay's, Taylor's of Harrogate, Barry's and Typhoo. Wife has several herbal teas. We have a box of Constant Comment, too.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

King Cole Orange Pekoe, loose...brewed thick and strong, laced with canned milk. The tea of my Canadian ancestors.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-