Remember this one ......

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Remember back in the day , about weekly , someone would show up and post ....

WHAT IS YOUR DESERT ISLE BLEND ?

Lol . I thought for shitz and giggles to go for it . If anything to hear the codgers bah humbug

Ive thought carefully about this question , given its urgency for possibly becoming reality . I mean , its so possible to be stranded somewhere with only 1 blend on you . Id be lucky if I were in my van when it somehow just popped up on a deserted isle because I usually have a few pouches in there . My God , Id have a variety .... i could yell at the guy at the other deserted isle and say .... hey , ya poor bastid , I have 3 blends on me . My luck , he'd respond ... I only have 1 but I have 60 pounds

Which begs another question . How much tobacco would you need to exist the rest of your life , especially if it were just one blend . Which begs another question

How long would you expect to live on a deserted isle ? Im not ever sure what an ISLE is .... is it an island ? If so , why not call in a frigging island ?!

Another question , and this one is serious . If you were alone , without a woman , how long would you even want to live anyway ?

If I were stranded on a deserted isle and if an isle is an island , I imagine fresh water would be the issue . Providing there was a source for that and if there were trees .... and I have a knife , Id probably be good to go for a bit . But would I want to ?

Pondering this ... no woman , one pipe tobacco and assumingly 1 pipe , just sea food to eat , no clocks and living in a hut on the beach ..... frigging A .. sign me up !!

So , in my case , to answer this raging question of which blend .........

............. it would have to be Edgeworth Slices or Im not going
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ric03

Probably Elizabethan, as it's easy to smoke, can be chugged on if needed, but also has more than enough depth for a full and satisfying smoke if you have time.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Id forgo the tobacco for Christina Hendricks
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:35 pm Id forgo the tobacco for Christina Hendricks
Careful. Tobacco doesn't talk back and doesn't have the potential to be high maintenance
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Three Sails . . . Good Mindless Easy to Smoke Virginia Shag.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:42 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:35 pm Id forgo the tobacco for Christina Hendricks
Careful. Tobacco doesn't talk back and doesn't have the potential to be high maintenance
What high maintenance ... like an extra clam . I bet she likes to eat :D
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

ric03 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:05 pm Probably Elizabethan, as it's easy to smoke, can be chugged on if needed, but also has more than enough depth for a full and satisfying smoke if you have time.

Thats one I like a lot too ... I can see choosing it . It hits all the buttons
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

LC Vanilla.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

An Isle is a small Island. I googled that one for ya. Anyway..

I would choose an LJ Peretti Blend. Either Blend W or DD. I gotta grab some DD since I am out. I think i’d choose that over Blend W. But I need to smoke them back to back and compare. I could also pick Cuban Mixture.

I’m beating a dead horse but LJP just does Burley so good. And I really love their house casing/topping/whatever. It’s like I’m transported right back to the roaring 20s.

I’m hoping to one day smoke a lot more. But I don’t smoke while I am doing most tasks because it involves looking down, and that is not good when your smoking a pipe.

Probably 8oz a Month would be good. But i’d prefer a pound a month. And since i’m still a youngin’ i’d probably need a whole room or basement just filled with tobacco. Now that would be the ultimate Air Freshener.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:04 pm An Isle is a small Island. I googled that one for ya. Anyway..

I would choose an LJ Peretti Blend. Either Blend W or DD. I gotta grab some DD since I am out. I think i’d choose that over Blend W. But I need to smoke them back to back and compare. I could also pick Cuban Mixture.

I’m beating a dead horse but LJP just does Burley so good. And I really love their house casing/topping/whatever. It’s like I’m transported right back to the roaring 20s.

I’m hoping to one day smoke a lot more. But I don’t smoke while I am doing most tasks because it involves looking down, and that is not good when your smoking a pipe.

Probably 8oz a Month would be good. But i’d prefer a pound a month. And since i’m still a youngin’ i’d probably need a whole room or basement just filled with tobacco. Now that would be the ultimate Air Freshener.
So , Gilligan and crew were on an Isle , remember the theme song . They had a lot of shit go down for such a small place ... ya just never know

" I would choose an LJ Peretti Blend. Either Blend W or DD. I gotta grab some DD " .... go with Double D . It just sounds better