The official PSF Zoom thread

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ok , so last night I discovered talking to yourself and drinking is a one time fun thing to do . Someone mentioned ZOOM and thats a good idea . Im gonna download the app and Im thinking we all could [ its free I think ] and we could set up a time and date and actually just talk to one another . I have respect for anyone that does a pod cast thing . Talking to yourself is hard , which is why I enjoyed the drinking . It kept my brain stupid enough to continue

Anyway , Ill sign up and put my info here and anyone interested , which should be everyone because why not .... put your info here too :thumbs:

Itll be way more fun
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ok , I set up a zoom account . From here Im not sure what to do . I bet someone has done it before . It seems you have to use a first and last name , so I did my real one .Im sure this will come in handy for all sorts of stuff .

Maybe one day @Citizen B could take us to a bar in New Orleans or @Tsal could show us the store where he buys his nipple rings . The possibilities are endless

Anyway , its a good idea , Hell , we could do a " pipe show " etc ... think of all the cool pipes we have here . Hell , @Longshanks just scored a killer collection from @ncrobb and the pipe that was picture on the bottom right was killer big ... Id like to see that in perspective [ as an example ]

None of us are getting younger and we might as well mess around with this new stuff
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

If I recall correctly, everyone will need to download the app to their PC or phone (for free) to participate in the meeting. I believe you can wait for the Mayor to post the meeting link and it will prompt you to download the app when you get there. That's probably the easiest way for the tech-challenged.

When you set your name, honestly, the PSF names would probably be the most helpful to get to know one another. Just my thoughts. Either way, we can introduce ourselves when we get the meeting up and running.

You don't have to have a camera to join and speak. Heck, I don't think you even need a microphone if you just want to listen in to the comradery, and Text Chat is available to you. There is also a setup somewhere that allows you to upload a pic of yourself or paint a fake background behind you. Those are some fun settings you can explore at your leisure.

There may be a seating limit for the free Zoom service, but we can figure that out later. Looking forward to the first meet! :buddy:
Last edited by Longshanks on Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Longshanks wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:56 pm If I recall correctly, everyone will need to download the app to their PC or phone (for free) to participate in the meeting. I believe you can wait for the Mayor to post the meeting link and it will prompt you to download the app when you get there. That's probably the easiest way for the tech-challenged.

You don't have to have a camera to join and speak. Heck, I don't think you even need a microphone if you just want to listen in to the comradery, and Text Chat is available to you. There is also a setup somewhere that allows you to upload a pic of yourself or paint a fake background behind you. Those are some fun settings you can explore at your leisure.

There may be a seating limit for the free Zoom service, but we can figure that out later. Looking forward to the first meet! :buddy:
Ah , I see .... so a meetig gets set in advance [ kinda like real life , l o l] and that creates some srt of link ..... hmm ... this modern shit is pretty cool
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:58 pm
Longshanks wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:56 pm If I recall correctly, everyone will need to download the app to their PC or phone (for free) to participate in the meeting. I believe you can wait for the Mayor to post the meeting link and it will prompt you to download the app when you get there. That's probably the easiest way for the tech-challenged.

Ah , I see .... so a meetig gets set in advance [ kinda like real life , l o l] and that creates some srt of link ..... hmm ... this modern shit is pretty cool
Yes, you can create a link for "right now" if you wanted to, but the link is created first... passed around... then everyone joins in. People can log in before the Host, but nothing really starts until the HOST logs in.
Longshanks
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Dang... I just looked in my settings and it looks like Free service has 100 seats. I think we'll all fit just fine. LOL
Longshanks
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

There is a way to get a permanent room too. With a Link that is always live. You may have to pay for that. Ill check it out soon
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Let's test this out real quick, Mayor:

Go into your PERSONAL ROOM and scroll down to the bottom.
Copy the MEETING INVITATION and post it on PSF.
Then click the START button. I believe that should do the trick.
Then we can click the link in the meeting invitation and join.
Longshanks
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Longshanks wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:09 pm Let's test this out real quick, Mayor:

Go into your PERSONAL ROOM and scroll down to the bottom.
Copy the MEETING INVITATION and post it on PSF.
Then click the START button. I believe that should do the trick.
Then we can click the link in the meeting invitation and join.
All right ... Ill give it a whirl but dont expect me to figure it out real fast :)
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Oh you nerds and your technology... Off to Google play I go :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin