Signatures at the bottom of posts

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Does anyone besides me read them? How did you come up with yours? Any one who has seen True Grit should recognise mine.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Ronv69
Founding Member

I read them and I change mine occasionally.
God and Texas!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I read them. I never had a reason to add one though. I yam what I am yam
ncrobb
Founding Member

I pay attention to little details like that. It's sort of a window into the person. I tend to leave mine the same for long periods. Most of mine come from songs that I relate to.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I read them. I think of them as one of your defining attributes, like the cherry on top of a sundae of a post, something to remind me of your character. This is why @Piping Abe is a cypher to me, a blank, a zero, nothing more than a cartoon beaver smoking a pipe.

The signature line is an exclamation point that says, "I was here and this is what I stand for!" In @Ronv69 's case, it is God and Texas. I can respect that.

I came up with mine because I am the Rhinestone Dandy. Everyone who knows me in real life knows this. Before I posted that as my signature, I was known on PSF as Citizen Apple Slice. I have been known by many titles over the years.

The Rhinestone Dandy is the current incarnation of Whalehead King, who I am at heart. I recently listed my titles over the years to a friend of mine. The Gasoline Stranger, the Dot Ambassador, the Littlest Ninja--- these are all names that have been bestowed on me. WK has had many facets but he is always me.

I always read the signature line. It reminds me of who is talking. We don't get a lot of non-verbal cues on the forum so I appreciate what reminders I can get to keep everybody straight.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I read'em. And I happened on mine while reading Cronin.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
apprenticeldr

I read them and change mine occasionally. I agree with Citizen B: "I think of them as one of your defining attributes, like the cherry on top of a sundae of a post, something to remind me of your character."
Quando omni flunkus moritati. :D
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Yes , I read them and Im on the same page as CitizenB .Its a window to the mind or a moment of a mindset . Mine is a Louis L"Amore quote . I could have picked 100 .
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:28 pm I read them. I never had a reason to add one though. I yam what I am yam
Me too
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:53 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:28 pm I read them. I never had a reason to add one though. I yam what I am yam
Me too
When a man is referred to as a Grand Poobah, 'nuff said.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.