What Are You Reading?

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:50 pm I mostly read non fiction and L. L. as far as fiction . Mostly comics for me . If comics count , then currently ................

I used to love to read comic books! I had stacks and stacks of'em as a kid, including plenty of Sgt Rock and Easy Company. Good stuff!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:52 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:50 pm I mostly read non fiction and L. L. as far as fiction . Mostly comics for me . If comics count , then currently ................

I used to love to read comic books! I had stacks and stacks of'em as a kid, including plenty of Sgt Rock and Easy Company. Good stuff!
This is the difference vs. DC and Marvel:

Sgt. Rock and Easy Company

versus

Nick Fury and His Howling Commandos

I've got nothing against Sergeant Rock, nor Easy Company. They are good soldiers, all. But, in battle, you know who I want with me? I want me some howling commandos.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:02 pm I've got nothing against Sergeant Rock, nor Easy Company. They are good soldiers, all. But, in battle, you know who I want with me? I want me some howling commandos.
Well, those were some pretty good comics, too. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am interested in this book but I have enough in the hopper that I am not going to finish. Would anyone like to read this? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Solving-The- ... 1356514470
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I was able to finish 1984 and Animal Farm while on the cruise. Mainly reading during bathroom breaks, in bed, and while waiting for my wife. I just started Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper.

Edit: this is the first time in my life i’ve actually read and finished a book in a very very long time. I really enjoyed it.
Last edited by Piping Abe on Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:40 pm I was able to finish 1984 and Animal Farm while on the cruise. Mainly reading during bathroom breaks, in bed, and while waiting for my wife. I just started Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper.
You should be exhausted after a vacation but it sounds like youre resting ..... you are a weird O , man . Be a freak like the rest of us :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:42 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:40 pm I was able to finish 1984 and Animal Farm while on the cruise. Mainly reading during bathroom breaks, in bed, and while waiting for my wife. I just started Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper.
You should be exhausted after a vacation but it sounds like youre resting ..... you are a weird O , man . Be a freak like the rest of us :lol:
I never rest. Had to pull the toilet out again soon after we came back. Off tomorrow then back to work Monday. Oh and my Wife’s windshield got cracked by a rock on the drive to the port so i’ll have to take it to the dealer at some point. And I think Pollen is already coming down here. FML :lol:
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:44 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:42 pm
I never rest. Had to pull the toilet out again soon after we came back. Off tomorrow then back to work Monday. Oh and my Wife’s windshield got cracked by a rock on the drive to the port so i’ll have to take it to the dealer at some point. And I think Pollen is already coming down here. FML :lol:
Welcome back.. the ol FML, huh? :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Light reading . . . latest issue of the Missouri Conservationist.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

The blacktongue thief by Christopher Buehlman
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue