I did an odd thing

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:24 pm I used to store all my jars in the mirrored glass cabinet you saw on Zoom (everyone should join in, it’s a lot of fun). But then my cellar kept expanding and so I bought a long and short tote that goes under my bed. I also converted almost all mason jars to mylar to save on space and weight. I still have some jars. And I keep tin tobacco how it is. I really like the Peretti Paint Cans for storage too. I pop it open and grab some when I need it. The tobacco is packed so tight I don’t see it changing moisture levels for a while. And it could dry out a tad.

I only keep whats currently in rotation in the pipe cabinent and switch out the blends when I feel like it.
Smart . Thats kinda where Im at now and I dig it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Makes more sense now . All the tins and tubs are boxed in the closet and the jars are reversed because I smoke out of the larger ones and the others are occasional and or aging

Before

Empty

New improved

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Looks great @Ruffinogold I had a giant cabinet like that in my kitchen when I started pipe smoking. It was my first pipe cabinet. I only had like 5 cobs at the time and it was heaven. Man, I really want to downsize………………….

And then I’m looking at buying more vintage Grabows 🤣
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:38 pm Looks great @Ruffinogold I had a giant cabinet like that in my kitchen when I started pipe smoking. It was my first pipe cabinet. I only had like 5 cobs at the time and it was heaven. Man, I really want to downsize………………….

Vintage grabows are awesome ... go for it !
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:38 pm Looks great @Ruffinogold I had a giant cabinet like that in my kitchen when I started pipe smoking. It was my first pipe cabinet. I only had like 5 cobs at the time and it was heaven. Man, I really want to downsize………………….

Oh , you know Ill probably fill up the fore ground space with tins and tubs agian ... Ill try not to
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:39 pm

Oh , you know Ill probably fill up the fore ground space with tins and tubs agian ... Ill try not to
You need some Peretti’s Tins :thumbs:
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:46 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:39 pm

You need some Peretti’s Tins :thumbs:
Yes , that burley plug/cube was outstanding !!!

Ya know , the Peter Heinrich stuff comes in paint can tins too , well the smaller 100 grams do . The 200 grams come in larger tall " cardboard " types with plastic lids

Im still hunting Kentucky Club Continental and Middletons Cherry ... that kind of stuff Im always on board for scoring and taking up space
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Update :

Since putting the stacks of tins and otc tubs in the closet .... Ive forgotten all about them . Just today I was thinking .... man , all that McClelland talk in another thread got me wanting some Tawny flake . I went to the cabinet and it wasnt there and forgot I put all the tins away so I easily went though the jars and scored a McClelland blend to smoke earlier . It wasnt Tawny and that was fine . Some 5100 or whichever number its called ... it was lovely

Anyway , out of sight out of mind . I need to mature past the age of 4 , I swear . At least I remembered after a while
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I hate this thread.

Couldn't you have picked a better title that wouldn't be clickbait for me?

I don't care about any of this and I know I am going to forget and click on it again tomorrow.

Curse you, @Ruffinogold !
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:43 pm I hate this thread.

Couldn't you have picked a better title that wouldn't be clickbait for me?

I don't care about any of this and I know I am going to forget and click on it again tomorrow.

Curse you, @Ruffinogold !
Its an odd thing , lol