Winery on Saturday

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:42 pm Tell us what happens, please. I am going to start hosting wine tastings in my back garden and I would like to know what to expect. None of this interests me but I need the money. I will drink wine, but Ripple will do.

A wine rep will be doing the work while a friend and I work the crowd. I would love a report of what your experience is at this winery, though I know it will be different from I am up to.

Have a good time!
I’ve been to a couple different ones, things I look for and enjoy are pretty simple.
We prefer it’s local made wines, there are a few around that get their wine from out of state. A nice shady outdoor spot to enjoy the wine and a smoke, a nice cool indoor spot (that winery has seating for about 10 people indoors) and events.
Food variety, music variety, and even a card club. ( there was Bridge club at one met weekly) there was an art class at this one once, most importantly a staff that is friendly and smiling. Poor attitude in staff is the first reason we don’t frequent places again.
As long as the owner/staff is at least giving the appearance of having fun everyone has a good time.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Plinsc wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:49 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:44 pm Are you going for the food truck or the wine? Sounds like a nice day to spend with the missus.
Yes.
We have been there before and enjoy both the food variety they bring in and the different wines!
^Like

Please drive carefully!
The Troll Whisperer
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Tks! All back roads and I take it easy when on the road. Except the bourbon trail tastings, the wife just drove when we went on those!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Plinsc wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:23 am Tks! All back roads and I take it easy when on the road. Except the bourbon trail tastings, the wife just drove when we went on those!
Bourbon trail tasting sounds like fun. Did she throw you in the trunk on the way home? :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Lived in Kentucky for a bit! She kind of poured me into the truck bed!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Plinsc wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:46 am
As long as the owner/staff is at least giving the appearance of having fun everyone has a good time.
Thank you. I know how to do that last part. That last part is how I make make my living, which is what makes it work.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I don’t doubt that!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

:lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Good time was had!
Food was good, music was good, and wine was good!
They mixed a couple wines and made what tasted like Carmel covered apples, that was real good!
WLB in the cob