Table Wine

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

arturo7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:40 pm Last year I took a one day WSET class just for kicks. It was pretty cool and I learned quite a bit. For a table wine I like med to low tanin reds. There are tons of them.
Cool :thumbs: ... but which ones do you like best of them . Im looking for good new ones to try
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:14 pm

It seems to pair with just about everything: All meats, cheeses and pastas.

CAUTION: Do not consume this wine with vegetables or fruits.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:24 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:14 pm

It seems to pair with just about everything: All meats, cheeses and pastas.

CAUTION: Do not consume this wine with vegetables or fruits.
I know , right . Dont you love the suggestion notes ..... its horrible with grapefruit , surely
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

arturo7 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:40 pm Last year I took a one day WSET class just for kicks. It was pretty cool and I learned quite a bit. For a table wine I like med to low tanin reds. There are tons of them.
This one is not low in Tannins so pass on it if you see it :thumbs:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 am I don't know much about wine at all, but I'm sure there are at least a coupla oenophiles lurking around. I've never been able to develop a taste for the stuff.
I dont know a ton either . I know enough to know what I like , for the most part . I think when my grandmother soaked bones in wine to numb my teething as a baby , something must have clicked . I started off as a kid drinking kinda sweet German whites , whats know as a Liebfraumilch . My favorite was Zeller Schwarze Katz . The label was different back then but I would kinda pound that stuff as a boy .

I saw a meme the other day referring to Gen x [ of which Im the first year of ] growing up on hose water and neglect [ lol ] ... add to that , Liebfraumich

:lol:
montag

At the risk of derailing this discussion, the first thing that came to mind was a Robin Williams act I saw while an impressionable youth.

"I'm talking about Mad Dog 20/20. You know, the very elegant wine, the type of wine with a lovely screw top, a bottle of which after you can actually see vapor trails as people pass you."
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:40 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:04 am I don't know much about wine at all, but I'm sure there are at least a coupla oenophiles lurking around. I've never been able to develop a taste for the stuff.
I dont know a ton either . I know enough to know what I like , for the most part . I think when my grandmother soaked bones in wine to numb my teething as a baby , something must have clicked . I started off as a kid drinking kinda sweet German whites , whats know as a Liebfraumilch . My favorite was Zeller Schwarze Katz . The label was different back then but I would kinda pound that stuff as a boy .

I saw a meme the other day referring to Gen x [ of which Im the first year of ] growing up on hose water and neglect [ lol ] ... add to that , Liebfraumich

:lol:
I'm in the leading edge of GenX as well. I had both parents in the home but they both worked full time. I wasn't neglected per se, but I was raised to be independent! I came home to an empty house after school, and had to get supper on the stove. Mom would finish it up when she got home, but I did all the prep baby! Did my own laundry, ironing, and button replacement .

But there was no wine: our household was strictly non drinking. I didn't try alcohol of any kind until I was out and on my own. It never really became a "thing" for me. I enjoy a nice, dark, bitter ale from time to time, but I've never been able to get past the "cough medicine" effect of most alcoholic beverages I've tried.

Except for bourbon. I don't keep that stuff in the house. I like bourbon. A lot. It tastes good. 😬
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
montag

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:24 pm CAUTION: Do not consume this wine with vegetables or fruits.
Sounds like an excuse to eat an all carnivore meal.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I like your thinking!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering