Signature lines.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I suppose this is about signature lines. Citizen B is probably my handle. Being the Rhinestone Dandy is my signature, written at the end of each post with a flourish and a tip of the fedora.

Whatever.

I know why my signature is Rhinestone Dandy. Look at a picture. It is self-evident. I want to talk about the part that you use as your signature and what it means.

For me it is self explanatory but many of you use quotes from other people to sign off. I have to admit, this has never occurred to me.

I am curious about other people's motivations in using their signatures.

I know why I have my signature, because this is what I am. I also know where @Piping Abe got his signature line. That is not why I am asking this question. I am legitimately interested in what significance you attach to this. Do you even read your signature anymore when you see it? Does it really represent you?

Such an existential question.

I always see Rhinestone Dandy because that is what I am, and, I am fascinated by looking in the mirror. I always see Abe's signature because they are words to live by. I am interested in the rest of you.

Why did you pick what you picked? To be honest with you, I cannot remember any of them except Puff's.

I know @Puff nstuff likes tinned fish. I always read that one. He is right. It makes me hungry.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The Troll Whisperer