McClelland's 2020 matured cake replacement

HSigurdsson

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:13 am You can’t smoke a pipe on a bike. Or can you?
Ha, I rolled a "cigarette" while riding down Route 17 at 75 mph when I was much younger. :)
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

HSigurdsson wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:15 am
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:42 am I think this thread has been hacked by bikes. 😄 I don't mind at all. I had a Yamaha Enduro 125 in high school. Just about killed myself on it more than once, but man...did I have some fun! Then as a young married man I had a KZ 1000 for a while. That was a great ride. Tooling around the country roads on a summer night was a fantastic stress reliever.
I had a Suzuki enduro...ummm....aaaaa.....300? or 350?
It was neither fun on the road or off.
Too wimpy on road, and to heavy off road.
My first bike was a Kawasaki 125 two stroke.
I was 13 and bought it from a neighborhood teenager.
I hid it in the woods for a few weeks, my parents didnt know......or so I thought.
After a few weeks my dad said, "when are you going to bring that motorcycle home so I can make sure its safe?" :) It was very difficult to get one over on him....still is.
I kept that for a few years and sold it for $500 more than I bought it for.
Ha! Great stuff! My 125 wasn't a rip-snorter by any means, but it was enough to get me in a whole lotta trouble! :D It wound up serving as part of my trade in on a partially customized 1962 Chev CarryAll.

Your pop sounds a bit like mine; couldn't get one thing past the old feller! He had eyes that could bore right through ya. I miss him.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-