Killer freak show blends

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:15 pm I am trying to order some of this Blue Note on WV Smoke Shop. It sounds so tasty. The problem is WV Smoke Shop's website is so wonky 1999 that I cannot make it work on the Mac. I will call them tomorrow. With a website like this clunker, I am sure they take phone orders. It is West Virginia, after all. Almost Heaven.
Hey , Tobaccopipes has it in bulk so you can order 1 oz if you wanted .... https://www.tobaccopipes.com/sutliff-to ... e-tobacco/
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

simplepipes wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:58 pm I’ve come across my favorite killer blend now. It’s Epiphany by C&D.

I tried it originally because it was supposed to be so close to Revelation, that what’s supposed to be a favorite of Albert Einstein. Of course, being so close Einstein himself, intellectually, I was interested in it.

I was really surprised how much I like it. My wife likes the aroma and usually she care for anything with Latakia. A little bit of this a little bit of that a little fruit topping and viola, a killer, freak blend!

I see your point . . . intellectually that is . . . me a fancier of Virginias find nothing from C&D even remotely intellectually stimulating :)

-sp
Bam !! Post of the year .. :lol: :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I’ll be adding some blends here in a minute
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Some off the wall blends for me:

C&D Captain Bob’s Blend. This is a kitchen sink blend made for a guy named Captain Bob. The crazy thing is that the flavorings used are citrus, grape and some more weird stuff. It is an American English that tastes like Grape Soda. It is really delicious. I haven’t smoked it in a while but now I may go find the jar. Sometimes it taste like eating a grape lollipop. Its great if you have a sweet tooth. And the flavor stays the whole bowl and does indeed ghost. If you like Epiphany @Kevin Keith , this has the same vibe, just taken to the extreme. This is a very much hate it or love it blend.

LJ Peretti’s No Name. What else can be said? The finest Aromatic blend ever produced. Besides overly floral, theres mint in there that comes through after the bowl or on the back end of the smoke. And underneath all the flavorings, you get this tremendous Burley. And it all shines through together. I smoked 4 bowls of this back-to-back over Zoom. Frieght training. Absolutely no bite, no harshness. Just tremendous flavor.

War Horse Green. The flavoring is said to be Heliotrope. Some random flower thing it is. I don’t know what that taste like but this is so weird and delicious. And stout. Packs a punch. If you like War Horse Red, the Green takes the topping to the extreme. You can smell it through the sealed tin. Always keep on hand. Usually gives me the niccups.

LJ Peretti’s DD. It took 4 years to perfect this blend. If you like strong Burley and Floral, it gets no better.

C&D Gentleman Caller. Deer Tongue and some other flavoring going on. Strong, stout and delicious. Can’t get enough of this when I open a new tin. And just plain cool tin art.

Gawith Hoggarth Cannon Plug. Taste like Orange Febreeze. Wonderful blend for a change from the typical Lakeland Essence.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:33 pm
LJ Peretti’s No Name. What else can be said? The finest Aromatic blend ever produced. Besides overly floral, theres mint in there that comes through after the bowl or on the back end of the smoke. And underneath all the flavorings, you get this tremendous Burley. And it all shines through together. I smoked 4 bowls of this back-to-back over Zoom. Frieght training. Absolutely no bite, no harshness. Just tremendous flavor.
Are you going to try some of this stuff that Ruff is selling. I forget what it is and I don't want to scroll back. Blue Velvet or whatever it is? The one I am interested in. Are you interested in that? I think it sounds good.

Are you going to buy some?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

Gawith, Hoggarth Lakelands. Pick one. First time I tried Bosun Cut Plug I confused and blown away by the flavor. Rose geranium and clove?! I love it now.
simplepipes
Codger in Training

montag wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:47 am Gawith, Hoggarth Lakelands. Pick one. First time I tried Bosun Cut Plug I confused and blown away by the flavor. Rose geranium and clove?! I love it now.
BCP is one of my favorite GH Blends also . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
ncrobb
Founding Member

I have tried to steer clear of really weird stuff, but I was in The Briary one day and Joe directed me to a tin of Robert McConnell Latakia Flake. It isn’t what I expected and several years later I still don’t know how to describe it. @Ruffinogold called it “the blend that shall not be mentioned” to keep it from catching on. It’s about the only the blend that I will buy when I see it even if I don’t think I need it.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:13 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:33 pm
Are you going to try some of this stuff that Ruff is selling. I forget what it is and I don't want to scroll back. Blue Velvet or whatever it is? The one I am interested in. Are you interested in that? I think it sounds good.

Are you going to buy some?
I will probably throw some in my next order. I’m all about the weird stuff.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

@Piping Abe, I'm right there with ya on that Captain Bob's. When that stuff is fresh, it's amazing. My experience, though, is that the grape doesn't age well.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-